Occasional Contributor

Re: Tired of hosts and vendors saying-----

So tired of hearing Courtney Khondabi, repeating item number over and over evertime she presents the item!!!

Regular Contributor

Yes, but they are well paid and get lots of goodies from vendors, so they should put forth the effort to make it interesting. Some of them have been there too long.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maggi the cat wrote:
Yes, but they are well paid and get lots of goodies from vendors, so they should put forth the effort to make it interesting. Some of them have been there too long.

That may be so, but some of the newer hosts leave much to be desired.  Especially issues with their speaking that sounds like nails on a chalkboard.  Soon as I hear baby girl voice, I am done with watching.

My main issue is incorrect pronunciations.  They are public speakers!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

WELL, YOU REMEMBER THE CHRISTMAS WISH BOOK MANY OF US USED TO GET IN THE MAIL AROUND CHRISTMAS?  WELL ITS KINDA LIKE THAT WE CAN ONLY DREAM!

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  Also too many of the hosts "make up" words to be "cutesy".  I don't care for that.  They should act more professional like in the old days of QVC.

Honored Contributor

The expression I dislike the most is "stinkin cute."

Super Contributor

How can every piece of clothing in your closet be a "work horse" or "the piece you will always grab for" or "the piece you will wear all the time".

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee,  Have to agree on that!  Nothing that stinks is ever cute.  

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3,

Ditto! 

I recall when there was always a ruler, especially during jewelry shows.  Since it's difficult to judge the size of an item being presented the ruler provided accurate dimensions.  

Hosts do not need to talk continuously unless management requires it and, if that's the case,  it's a mistake.   

Respected Contributor

No kidding! Same for "span" and "poly". Next will be cot for cotton, and wo for wool!