Regular Contributor

Well, tomorrow will be waiting 3 weeks for one of my orders to ship. Placed the order June 1st & order status still says "Preparing your order " What else is new QVC? Three weeks seems a bit excessive though. I guess I'll end up calling CS and see if they have any info & then decide if I want to TRY to cancel or just wait. 

I feel sympathy for any first time shoppers who are tuning in and hearing some of the hosts promise "order today and you'll be wearing it next week when it comes home to you..." Odds are they will NOT be wearing it next week, but who knows, they might get lucky.

OTOH, last weekend for the first time I wore a maxi dress I ordered from Attitudes by Renee - if you watch her presentations  you've heard her say "pop it in the washer, pop it in the dryer, pop it on your body" so I decided to go for broke and pop it in the washer (cold water) pop it in the dryer (delicate - low heat) and WONDER OF WONDERS it came out completely free of wrinkles looking like new. AT LEAST SOMEONE ON QVC IS KEEPING THEIR PROMISES...unlike QVC saying they ship in 7-10 business days...

Honored Contributor

Re: Three weeks and counting...

@PatsShoes    I'm sorry you got got in the shipping/supply problem, but I'd like to know why you think the ODDS are that the same thing will likely happen to everybody else. 

All of my orders over the last 18+ months have arrived within the estimated time given when I ordeerd -  with the exception of one.  That one did take an extra day.  I'd tell shoppers not to expect delivery overnight, but to pay attention to the EDD and not to purchase if that time isn't good enough.

I do not pay for expedited delivery.  Not ever.

Trusted Contributor

I had ordered one of Isaac's basic tees.  I wanted black and white, but could only get black, everything else was sold out in my size.

The order went from active to backorder to "preparing your order", and it stayed stuck that way for what seemed like weeks, maybe 3.

One night, I saw Amy presenting this tee, and I became curious and went online and lo and behold, the stock was fully replenished, but my poor order was till stuck in limbo.

I was lucky to be able to just cancel the original order online, without calling CS, and I reordered the tee in black and white, and they arrived within a reasonable timeframe.

Something is just wrong with QVC's online ordering system, ordering system in general, I guess they are having internal problems with their management, but if they don't get things ironed out, eventually they will be losing customers, I would think. I have 2 returns that I'm concerned won't be credited. 

Although, when you think about it, they keep selling and selling, dispite complaints.

Valued Contributor

The hosts on any of the shopping channels are not truth tellers. That's why if you see something you like put the tv on mute and take your chances on receiving what you purchase in a timely basis. Unfortunately this storyline is getting old. Good luck with customer service.

Regular Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@PatsShoes    I'm sorry you got got in the shipping/supply problem, but I'd like to know why you think the ODDS are that the same thing will likely happen to everybody else. 

All of my orders over the last 18+ months have arrived within the estimated time given when I ordeerd -  with the exception of one.  That one did take an extra day.  I'd tell shoppers not to expect delivery overnight, but to pay attention to the EDD and not to purchase if that time isn't good enough.

I do not pay for expedited delivery.  Not ever.

OK well first of all, I don't pay for expedited delivery ever either. I NEVER order anything from the Q that I need in a hurry. I carefully read the info when I first started shopping here that stated that in general orders ship in 7-10 business days, and I understand that delays beyond that may occur. 

What I said was that 21 days and still not shipped out (when quantities are still available and ready to order for the item if you search the item number) seems EXCESSIVE in my opinion. 

At no point do I expect delivery OVERNIGHT for anything...that is ridiculous. 

ODDS are that if you order a lot from the Q at some point you will get into the "shipping/supply problem". I base this on the fact that this is not the first time I have experienced this issue...I ordered an indoor/outdoor rug in February and finally received it in late MAY. In that case the host who presented the item in February said that there were shipping problems with the same rug in 2021 and orders went unfullfilled but that "that will not occur this year because WE ALREADY HAVE THE QUANTITIES IN STOCK this year." Really? I have placed other orders that I waited more than 2 weeks for the Q to ship, then another 10 days to receive due to USPS ping-ponging my package from destination to destination (NOT QVC's fault...USPS problem). 

In addition, just here on the boards you'll see that I am hardly the only one complaining about this issue.

VERY FUNNY you should mention that I need to "pay attention to the EDD " The item I am waiting for was ordered on 6/01 and the EDD says 6/08. Today is the 20th, so........

Contributor

I agree something is definitely up w/ order processing/shipping. Last week I had an order that said "preparing your order" and an hour later UPS dropped it on my porch !! Stuff is taking way longer than usual, but at this time of year there isn't anything I'm in a big rush to receive. Returns take forever too. As I'm very impatient I've found that once your return is scanned in by the post office you can chat with customer service and they'll process your refund immediately as they can see it's on the way. 

Super Contributor

You are right, it is excessive. I pre-ordered a TSV item on May 13th supposed to be delivered by 5/20. It was not an advance order, not backordered, not waitlisted.  On 5/23 (10 days after ordering) I contacted the social team to find out what's up. They told me they are "confident it would be shipping in the next couple of days" - sometime in MayIt shipped on June 17th (35 days after ordering). It will still be a couple more days before I have it. Not one email re any delay. Now this item sold out on 5/16 when it was presented & I've been watching & there is no indication that it has been restocked & I noticed it is coming from SC (where the return center is). So I figure they are sending me someone else's return. I can tell you it better be in pristine condition or it is going back. Another item ordered on 5/30 didn't ship till 6/20.

Regular Contributor

@shoechic wrote:

You are right, it is excessive. I pre-ordered a TSV item on May 13th supposed to be delivered by 5/20. It was not an advance order, not backordered, not waitlisted.  On 5/23 (10 days after ordering) I contacted the social team to find out what's up. They told me they are "confident it would be shipping in the next couple of days" - sometime in MayIt shipped on June 17th (35 days after ordering). It will still be a couple more days before I have it. Not one email re any delay. Now this item sold out on 5/16 when it was presented & I've been watching & there is no indication that it has been restocked & I noticed it is coming from SC (where the return center is). So I figure they are sending me someone else's return. I can tell you it better be in pristine condition or it is going back. Another item ordered on 5/30 didn't ship till 6/20.

Chatted with CS today & they said they had sent me an Email "Delay in shipping your order" regarding my item...and they were right. I missed that Email since my daughter got married last Saturday and I have been super busy this month and not checking non-essential Email. Still does not explain the delay, and - of course - I'm still waiting. 

In your case, 2 orders that took over a month to ship...wow. Good luck, and I hope you do NOT receive damaged items when you (finally) get your packages!