Honored Contributor

Re: Three Hours of Rick on 3/20/14?

3 hours of Rick? That's a LOT of blush.

Occasional Contributor

Normally don't post regarding hosts...... But Rick's ignorance , egotistic, sarcastic , and demeaning personality/mannerisms shines bright when he is on. I still watch and it doesn't really bother me...... He is who he is and is obviously successful
Honored Contributor

Rick is okay with me, but I don't care for the gardening shows. I do garden, but buy locally.

Honored Contributor

Just have to wonder if Ricky boy spends a lot of time in the garden... Somehow I doubt it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I can't remember when it was it was either after Jonathan left or Dave left, but Rick started appearing more in the late afternoon/early evening hours as opposed to the later evening hours. Also host on air hours can range anywhere from 1 - 4 hours, and in some rare instances 5 hours.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2014 BillyBob20 said:

I can't remember when it was it was either after Jonathan left or Dave left, but Rick started appearing more in the late afternoon/early evening hours as opposed to the later evening hours. Also host on air hours can range anywhere from 1 - 4 hours, and in some rare instances 5 hours.

I guess they want to get all that manly presence out there at dinner time, you know, to help those out who are trying to diet...

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2014 stevieb said:

I guess they want to get all that manly presence out there at dinner time, you know, to help those out who are trying to diet...

Stevie.....oh you just love "your man"......

I just find it so funny how he changes his demeanor when he is presenting with Judith into this calm and controlled personna.......and then when he's on his own he just emerges into this SCREAMING hyper banshee....

Now loss of appetite....Rick doesnt take me that far....but you put Sharon or Courtney on and I don't need to do my usual workout because they take away my desire to indulge....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 SPURT said:

I just find it so funny how he changes his demeanor when he is presenting with Judith into this calm and controlled personna.......and then when he's on his own he just emerges into this SCREAMING hyper banshee....

Now loss of appetite....Rick doesnt take me that far....but you put Sharon or Courtney on and I don't need to do my usual workout because they take away my desire to indulge....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Different Strokes, my friend... That's what moms is counting on. She's a sly one. I don't care for Sharon, never have, but I've gotten so I don't mind Courtney nearly as much as do you. At least she's reasonably articulate, doesn't stumble over every sentence and her hair, makeup and attire is usually reasonably well pulled together, which certainly doesn't apply to the other newbie being groomed for Q-stardom (Amy)... Now, as for that man of mine...? No, no and no. No freakin' way... The ultimate deal-breaker. I can take any of them before him, although Jillsy is coming up on the outside...

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 stevieb said:
On 3/23/2014 SPURT said:

Different Strokes, my friend... That's what moms is counting on. She's a sly one. I don't care for Sharon, never have, but I've gotten so I don't mind Courtney nearly as much as do you. At least she's reasonably articulate, doesn't stumble over every sentence and her hair, makeup and attire is usually reasonably well pulled together, which certainly doesn't apply to the other newbie being groomed for Q-stardom (Amy)... Now, as for that man of mine...? No, no and no. No freakin' way... The ultimate deal-breaker. I can take any of them before him, although Jillsy is coming up on the outside...

Wink

Oh yes Jill......she is a bit Sybil-like she can do a good job when paired with Carolyn Pollack or presenting jewelry by herself....But she is getting a bit full of herself with YHWJ when there is absolutely NOTHING special about the show---bedding/linens, DYI project, cooking segment, and perhaps one new decorating item...but you'd think with all the so called planning and meetings with the buyers that she constantly has to mention, that the show would produce something more unique instead of the stale lineup{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} And then lately I think she seems to be competing with JRT and Whirly ....she is starting to become a motor mouth.....heaven forbid if she has a vendor on because they wont get a chance to talk....in other words she's starting to get on my nerves too!

And then there's Jacque....nuff said{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But the "wacka wacka" valley girl OY!{#emotions_dlg.scared}....yes Courtney's hair and makeup are usually done nicely....But she sometimes has a particular affection towards the Bag Lady's offerings....and sometimes she puts together outfits that are a bit weird if she decides to dress "beyond trendy" ..........Whats funny when people have complimented Courtney on her clothes she's had to admit they aren't QVC's.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As far as Amy....I don't mind her...but then again I've seldom seen her presenting by herself---I usually see her on shows with Lisa (where she seems a bit intimidated) and she doesnt say much other than telling everyone where she will be chatting as the cyber host....(and doesnt that speak volumes about her career at the Q).....

But like you said.....yep different strokes....we all have our toleration points and tastes and that's what makes things more interesting if everyone liked the same thing it would be a bit dull......even if sports you gotta have that rivalry to make things fun if everyone liked the same team it would be ...well boring! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh Jill and all her meetings with the buyers and her many demands and dictates... Why, you have to wonder why they even need moms, or Mikie or the buyers at all, because to hear her tell it, she's a one woman cyclone... and a busy mom on top of all those corporate responsibilities... Maybe she's Chairman of the Board and a host to boot! Oy, to be very honest, I never cared for her, but for many years I sort of tolerated her and could sort of marginally understand why others seemed to enjoy her, even though I always thought they were being fully duped by her self-anointed "tell it like it is Jill" moniker... Recently though, I'd have to say she annoys me almost as much as that man of mine...