Respected Contributor

There seems to be a glitch with a couple of the products on QVC.

I was looking at Nick Chavez' Velvet Mesquite Serum and it's being listed as a brand new product. Aside from that, all of the reviews for it are gone now.

Also, I saw there was another item that seemed to be glitched, but I'm not sure. It's called Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Hairspray Duo with Collagen Auto-Delivery and it's also being listed as a new product, but the reviews for that are rather old.

And the lasted video for Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum is only a minute and 31 seconds long.

Has that ever happened before? Anyway, just wanted to let anyone know what was going on.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Re: There seems to be a glitch with a couple of the products on QVC.

I saw a Veronese item with images that show a $60 pair of earrings, but a headline and body copy that says it's an 18K gold and diamond Arte D'Oro watch.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Hi NC Bandwagon....I have also noticed they have given a new item number to a product that has been presented before and called it "new"......I don't know if that is do to a slight change in the formula caused by the manufacturer, or if it was improved due to bad reviews....Sometimes if the product is just given a new item number, the past reviews will be forwarded to the new number.....In other words, QVC has done this before for various reasons....

I know that Valerie Parr Hill's flameless candles with inspiration words had lots of quality issues and lots of bad reviews and for some odd reason it was given a new number, but the bad reviews followed the new number....in other cases some customers complained about the issue you wrote about and wondered if it was to hide all the bad reviews.....It's a QVC mystery for sure on why they do some things that they do! Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

When a products price goes up, they often bring a new configuration or size and then call it new. They don't think we're smart enough to notice.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the replies, everyone.

@Spurt, most of the reviews of Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum were mostly good and was one of the most popular products. It rated 4 and a half stars.

@Lila4Now, if there was a price change, I don't remember what the original price was. I think the price was a little bit lower than it is now, but I don't remember.

@gardensla, hmm. That's pretty weird.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

When they want to raise the price on something, they let it go out of stock for a little while, then when they bring it back, it has a new price and a new item # and voila! it's a "NEW" item!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."