Honored Contributor

Throwing shoe up in air to show how light it is and exclaiming "in fact, it's so light when you ge.t the box at home you will say "hmmm, I think they may have forgotten to put my shoes in the box."

Honored Contributor

Re: That Line is Getting Old

Maybe old for those that watch for entertainment but for anyone just checking in every now and then or channel surfing who don't normally watch much it is a good way to point out how light the shoe is!  I have shopped here since the '80's and have never seen that!! 

Valued Contributor

This is just as bad as continually bending the shoes in half to show us all that we are not buying wooden clogs...enough!!

Honored Contributor

How else do you expect them to let people know (or show) how light the shoes are? I think it is a great selling point.

As an owner of many Vionic shoes, I like to have as much information about the product as I can get. Certainly whether the shoe is light or heavy on the foot is something I would want to know before purchasing online.

Not all people watch QVC 24/7 or to the point that hearing that "line" would bother them. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Throwing shoe up in air to show how light it is and exclaiming "in fact, it's so light when you ge.t the box at home you will say "hmmm, I think they may have forgotten to put my shoes in the box."

omg...so agree. 

Kinda like a certain vendor saying "Suzie Orman would call this 'money well spent!'"

"You can shop and shop and shop the stores...you'll never find..."

haha...these poor sales people, talking for hours on end, year after year, are on auto-pilot!

Trusted Contributor

Admittedly I don't watch many shoe shows (just not my thing) but not sure I have heard it often or at all. 

For me personally though, weight off shoes is very important as I cannot wear shoes that are heavy so I think it's a great point.

I think the hosts have a tough job.  I for one know that I couldn't do it  There are only so many ways to describe something.

Honored Contributor

How about running thumb over fabric or CONSTANT stretch?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

It’s a deal breaker for me if a shoe is heavy. I appreciate knowing if the shoe is lightweight or flexible as it reduces my risk of purchasing online. i’ll Intermittently use the mute feature when the sales pitch gets on my nerves and I want to still see the product. It’s not an ideal solution but better than getting annoyed by incessant repetitive chatter. 

Valued Contributor

All their lines are getting old!  I keep thinking, if I meet S.K. or A at a social event, they would come up to me and show me the stretch in the clothes I was wearing.   Don't get up tight, just a augh for the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know how anybody could NOT see the shoe in the air throw.  The've been doing it for decades.  Jane T does it constantly -