Valued Contributor

I haven't watched QVC or posted on these formums for so long, so sorry if this is a big repeat. But our condo-building included cable finally added QVC and I had to post the very first thing I noticed after not watching for a year.

Which is how absolutely awful and distracting the testimonial calls are. they do not add anything to the presentation, ever. they are awkward at best and painful to watch at worst. I have tried to watch several programs, and changed the channel not to return when they 'go to the phones'. WHY does QVC do this??

some testimonials I have heard that take the cake:

--Lady called on a jewelry show to say that her husband was getting her the earrings. host said, 'what a great husband you have'. caller said, 'oh, he died 2 years ago, but he would want me to have it'

--sheets were on the air and this woman was raving about how wonderful a brand of sheets were and that's the only brand she would ever use--too bad it was not the brand that was on-air!

--woman called in about a jewelry cleaner to tell the vendor that it ruined all her jewelry and he is a fraud, etc

--caller called in to say she had ordered a shirt in a particular color. she had a question about the material. host described material in detail, etc. caller says, 'oh no. can you transfer me back to the operator, I want to cancel my order'.

--Make-up show that was happy and upbeat, woman called in sobbing to say that her pet died and so that's why she was treating herself. could not stop crying and host could not get her off the phone. it was awkward and sad, tell me how this sells make-up??

and the list goes on. stop. the. calls. please.