Contributor

Why is it that all of the hosts especially David, act like the food on QVC is the best thing they have ever tasted. I have never in my whole life tasted something that was so good it would make me get up and dance around. I have ordered a few things from QVC and found them to be not as delicious far from it as the hosts make them out to be. Just my humble opinion!

Respected Contributor

So you'll buy it.

Trusted Contributor

Because they are selling.  No different than a car salesman hyping up a vehicle to get you to buy.  Imagine if David ate something and just went "meh, it's ok". Wouldn't exactly be lighting up those phone lines, would it? Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@LikeToKnow wrote:

Why is it that all of the hosts especially David, act like the food on QVC is the best thing they have ever tasted. I have never in my whole life tasted something that was so good it would make me get up and dance around. I have ordered a few things from QVC and found them to be not as delicious far from it as the hosts make them out to be. Just my humble opinion!

@LikeToKnow If your job was to get people to buy food, then you probably weren't very good at it were you?  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I really think some people don't realize they are watching a Shopping Channel who's goal is to get their audience to shop.

Honored Contributor

Silly question; why do you think? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@LikeToKnow wrote:

Because that's what they are paid to do. They are sales people.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tasting Delicious Food

[ Edited ]

@LikeToKnow   Simply put..'it's his job!' He sells, you buy!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Why do you even watch the hosts taste the food?

My tastes are my own--I look at all the food, read some reviews, and then order what I think I and my family might like.

I happen to be a very picky eater, but DH enjoys almost everything.  

I personally, cannot stand soft cookies (Cheryl) or seasoned meat, so I will not order those things anymore.

I do not have the time to watch hosts taste everything.  I have already ordered the same food items that I have ordered in the past and that we really like (wine, chocolate, pretzels, cakes, breads). I added one new item as well.  

Again, peoples' tastebuds are quite different, and David seems to be a foodie who probably does really like most of what he tries.  That would not be the job for me!!

Honored Contributor

Sharon Faetsch was the best.  Her reaction to QVC Food was simply over-the-top.  She was in heaven- figuratively not literally.