Regular Contributor
My family on both sides are tall, I know a lot of tall women yet puzzles me why it’s easy to find petites but yet impossible for talls. In this day and age doesn’t make sense. Let’s do some talls designers!!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't know what you are looking for in designer fashion, but there are quite a few QVC designers who make talls, at least in pants. I guess all the tall people hang out together or maybe people are taller in your neck of the woods. I don't see very many women or men for that matter when I'm out and about who are so tall that they need extra length. In  fact ,I see many men with their jeans puddled around their ankles and they are easily over 6ft tall.

Honored Contributor

@_O_ wrote:
My family on both sides are tall, I know a lot of tall women yet puzzles me why it’s easy to find petites but yet impossible for talls. In this day and age doesn’t make sense. Let’s do some talls designers!!!!

I'm not tall - 5'4" - but all my height is in my legs, I am very shortwaisted.

I can't wear ankle pants at work, so it's hard to buy "off the rack".   

I purchased a pair of IMs ankle pants, had to order tall and they fit me perfectly but that's rare.   

Ankle pants and crop pants are the style, gives the garment companies a way to save money, making all their trousers too short.

Thank goodness I no longer wear panyhose!   That was always a disaster.  I always had to buy at least a size up to get a pair to fit.

@_O_

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't know what you are looking for in designer fashion, but there are quite a few QVC designers who make talls, at least in pants. I guess all the tall people hang out together or maybe people are taller in your neck of the woods. I don't see very many women or men for that matter when I'm out and about who are so tall that they need extra length. In  fact ,I see many men with their jeans puddled around their ankles and they are easily over 6ft tall.

Excuse me but there are not a lot of QVC designers who do tall fashions.  I can’t tell you how often I’ve seen a pair of pants I like and check the measurements on line only to discover they are a 29” inseam in the regular and 26” in petite.  That isn’t even long enough for many average height women who wear higher heeled shoes.  Also, to suggest there aren’t many tall people in the world is just untrue, not to mention, insensitive.  I wouldn’t walk up and ask you what your inseam or waist measures, so how could you possibly know what inseam someone needs.

Respected Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Excuse me but there are not a lot of QVC designers who do tall fashions.  I can’t tell you how often I’ve seen a pair of pants I like and check the measurements on line only to discover they are a 29” inseam in the regular and 26” in petite.  That isn’t even long enough for many average height women who wear higher heeled shoes.  Also, to suggest there aren’t many tall people in the world is just untrue, not to mention, insensitive.  I wouldn’t walk up and ask you what your inseam or waist measures, so how could you possibly know what inseam someone needs.

I agree with you Kardi.  As a tall woman, I find that we are often the forgotten customers.  Most retailers seem to have petites and womens sections, but not talls.  QVC is no different.  Yes, there may be just a few items offered in talls nowadays, the majority of items are not, but there never seems to be a problem offering petites and womens sizes up to 3X.  If petites can be a few inches shorter than regular and womens a few inches wider, then why can there not be a tall option too?  Every time SUsan Graver is on, she claims to be the pants destination and that she knows how the fit is critical.  Well, yes, it's critical for those of us that are tall too.  It's not good enough just to say that they ave something for everyone and that talls can just wear pants as ankle pants.  We ALL would like to have our pants fall at the correct length, whether they are full length, ankle or capris.

Regular Contributor

What do you consider "Quite a few?" I'm here to tell you they don't and I dont live in the woods

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback ladies, I'd love to hear more and hopefully someone will read this and make a note to do more talls.  I'm 5'11 and have a 35 inseam.  I don't wear crops or ankle lengths all the time and leggings in talls are yet another hard find. 

Occasional Contributor

Sorry, but a 32 inch inseam for a tall just doesn't do it. Need at least 34".  

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@KardiYou evidently just skimmed my post and misread it. I shared with the poster what I have observed in my neck of the woods and certainly did not intend to offend her.For some reason it offended you, so sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out a company called Long Tall Sally (search for longtallsally and you know the rest).   I've never shopped there and had never even heard of them until I received a catalog from them recently out of the blue.   Their clothes look stylish, there's a good range of prices, free shipping over $30, lots of 4 and 5 star reviews.

I'm assuming most items are their own designs, but Karl Lagerfeld Paris just came on board and has a new collection with them.

They claim...

"tall tailoring ...exclusively designed for women 5'8" and above...Three rises and leg lengths from 34-39”...At Long Tall Sally we don't just sell clothes for tall women. We champion tall women...Since 1976 we’ve made it our mission to be the destination of choice for tall women worldwide. We NEVER just add inches. We construct each and every garment positioning hips, hems, pockets and plackets exactly where they should be...."

@_O_

@Kardi

@MarthaStewardess

@Vitfran

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~