Honored Contributor

Re: Taking hosts from the regular Q and moving them to the other channels.

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Spurt   I respectfully disagree with you.  QVC is responsible for getting all and the correct information to the hosts so they they can convey the info to us.  They also use vendors who are supposed to know their products.

The hosts can only tell us what they know...info is supposed to be on those blue cards they have.  I guess when they have said all they know about a product, they have to use fillers until the time is up or the product is sold out.  Some are better at it than others.

If the information is not on the website, it is safe to assume the Host's don't have it either.

If you feel there is a problem with information, QVC seems to be the one who dropped the ball, not the hosts.

@Carmie 

That doesnt even make sense...whats the purpose of the meetings then that the host say take up a lot of their non-air time..... So what do the host do...receite memorized sales spiel????  I think you need to explore the real background of a host's job....Find Sandra Bennett's interview on what's a typical host's day like and read host interviews from some of the financial journals like "A Day In The Life Of A QVC Host".....

Here's a quote from Sharon Faetsch's on her 15 yr anniversary....

A Daily Juggling Act

“I think some people think we float into the studio, present, and float back out,” Sharon confides. Turns out, there’s a little more to it. “We have meetings with buyers and planners to preview the products we’ll be rolling out. That gives us a chance to become familiar with product, to know why it’s here, and why it’s relevant. We also think about how to improve shows and how to try things we haven’t done before.I don’t want anything to be a surprise when something arrives at a customer’s home. I want her to be happier with it than she thought she’d be.”

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I understand the OP's frustration.  Some people don't get other channels.

I have Comcast and now get all of the channels but I just stay on the regular QVC channel.  I don't flip back and forth.

I don't think it's fair that there are people who can't get all of the channels and they switch hosts back and forth.

I DO KNOW QVC is stretching themselves way, way too thin.

There have been a lot of time within the bast few months where I've been put on hold so long (using both my home phone and cell phone) and would just hang up...tired of waiting....so tired of waiting.

I do a lot of ordering on automatic.  But when I'm sending something to my daughters or as a gift I need to talk to a human!

There have been a lot of things I'd have loved to buy but QVC missed out on the sale because no one was there to talk to...........

Honored Contributor

Just for fun, I have attached part of an interview from Mike Rowe who was a QVC Host way back when QVC was making money.

It is hysterical, IMO  I love Mike Rowe.E0274A1B-514B-42BC-9A01-626AE1DEDA43.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I've noticed Carolyn on Q2 more often. Odd. I agree, do away with all these additional channels.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I don't watch QVC  for the host on duty.   I couldn't care  less who is presenting a product.

If what is being presented is something I might want, I'll watch.  If it is something I am not interested in, I'll change the channel.

I can't imagine watching QVC all day.

In addition, what someone considers to be the best hosts are someone else's least favorite hosts.

There are more important matters in life than who is presenting what or which channel on   QVC.

@Carmie 

No one said they watch 24/7 ..... many of us DO turn the channel and we actually know how to operate a remote.... Smiley Wink

Well a host that's unprepared and talks more about themselves and their family instead of telling me about the product wont keep me watching even if I might be interested in that product being presented.....

Sorry, the reality is some hosts are just UNWATCHABLE and if it impacts viewership its also impacting QVC's sales and from their recent financial reports QVC needs all the viewers and sales it can get....(and from reading many posts here on the Forum I have a lot of company regarding my thoughts on ineffective hosts).....

@Spurt   You are 100% spot on and I agree with everything you said. There is one host, a very old host that prances around like a queen constantly posing and bragging about her kids and herself.   This is the stuff that has to stop.   The show isn't about them or their kids.   These channels are way too much.  They would have been better off to go back to 24/7 live programming and have ONE channel.   If you cannot run one channel , then why have 3???   I sure hope they get things fixed because like you and others , I don't want to see it fail.   Someone said they cannot understand not being able to watch certain hosts, well if you like speed talking and hearing about their kids and not get the information that we need, then boom , off goes the TV.   I have a feeling that Christmas sales are going to be bad.   Seems all these sales are stuff from last year.    I guess time will tell but you are 100% right!   YOU GO GIRL!

Super Contributor

I might be able to help you, in regard to ordering for your kids and grandkids, @Annabellethecat66 We moved 2,000 miles away from our kids/grandkids for my husband's job and so all of my gift giving has to be managed. 

I don't know if you do any of your QVC ordering online, but if you do, you can go into your account and set up an address book with your family's addresses. Then when you're ready to place your order, you simply select from your address list where you want the item shipped.

The only time I ever call QVC anymore is when I return something. I pay my own shipping cost, but more often than not I'll need to call Customer Service because they deducted the return shipping fee, even though I did NOT use their label.

Pretty much all of my shopping is done online. And whether it's QVC, Amazon, Nike, Lands End, etc...I've set up additional shipping addresses to make ordering for family that much easier. 

I don't know if this info can help you, or not...but regardless, I hope you have a great day. 🙂

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Esteemed Contributor

So have they fired the new hosts. I haven’t seen the pretty tall
African American girl on at all. I saw the little Cari girl with the long black hair and the new blond girl who used to be on the soaps but none of the others. How could they hired these kids have them relocate and then dump them. Really terrible
Honored Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

The problem is that I’m not often in front of my laptop and/or iPad.

My favorite thing to do is sit propped up on my bed ( my favorite thing I’ve ever bought is the sleep number bed).

Ive had to put boosters on the router at the other end of the house and it STILL is sketchy AND I live on a large hill!

But if I’m honest...which I try to be..I’m lazy and I don’t need to buy whatever “it” is!  

Honored Contributor

So this morning I went to buy those Diamonique earrings. 

I dialed the the automated number.  The auto voice gave me 2 choices, none of which was the earrings.  One was a chair, I forget the other one.

So out of curiosity I clicked the tv over to QVC2.  It was lovely Leah.  She’s wonderful...but she kept saying, TONIGHT”.

I finally figured out even though it was around 9:00am it was a film repeat of Dennis Basso...He was showing his coat.

Unless I remember to look up in the corner or push “info” on the tuner, I shouldn’t assume it’s live.

Not a big deal, just seems confusing.  It used to be I knew QVC would give me the first recorded voice saying the current item then number 2 would be the previous item....

It’s a toss up if that happens now.  When they don’t give me the choice of the screen I’m looking at, I have to get close to the TV or put on glasses to type in the number.

Again, not a big deal but I’m a person who constantly transposes numbers.  In fact I’ve been doing brain work to rectify that.

These recent QVC changes definitely cause QVC’s loss because I just go off and don’t order.

Trusted Contributor

Hey, Mike Rowe - I bought that infrared device (it worked!) and a slew of those Amcors (they were terrific).  I used to have the channel on at my office all day; on cooking event days, I still do put it on, otherwise I shop online and skip the actual programs.