Honored Contributor

I wonder if TPTB at QVC ever wonder why they lose their audience?  Do we really need a long, boring, tedious presentation of those boots every 30 minutes?  I found them unattractive and knew I wasn't interested in them last hour so why would I want to hear all of that again this hour?  I'm out of here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The TSVs are probably shown at the top of each hour because not all shoppers sit and watch QVC.  Some just tune in to see what's on or stop while channel surfing.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I agree, and I can’t stand watching or listening to that vendor.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if TPTB at QVC ever wonder why they lose their audience?  Do we really need a long, boring, tedious presentation of those boots every 30 minutes?  I found them unattractive and knew I wasn't interested in them last hour so why would I want to hear all of that again this hour?  I'm out of here.

While I agree they tend to overdo the TSV airings, some more than others, you have to understand that there are viewers all over the US and they probably weren't thinking about one person's view.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal   Except that this one started at 15 min before the hour, about 30 min after the last presentation ended

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Aside from not being a fan of the brand or guy that represents the brand, I find the animal print to look rather outdated.  Hoping it sells out early so there will be other things to promote this evening.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qbetzforreal   Except that this one started at 15 min before the hour, about 30 min after the last presentation ended

@Kachina624 

I totally agree with you about the presentions of the TSVs---definitely OVERKILL--(not just this one but ALL the TSVs recently) they are losing their audience as people turn the channel out of sheer boredom, chasing viewers away who might have purchased other items in the show ....While I understand people tune in at different times, I think ONE presentation is enough per show because the TSV is presented on EACH AND EVERY SHOW (with perhaps one or two exceptions like ITKWD on Sundays etc...) Enough is enough--SHEESH!!! -Woman Frustrated ---I turned the channel-- nuff QVC for me today....don't need those boots...

😴ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Show a TSV full presentation as we are accustomed to at midnight and then at the top of the hour for 5 min. Anyone who wants a full presentaion can go on line. 

Respected Contributor

I know there are days when I'm not interested in the TSV or anything else in the brand, so that day is pretty much a total wash out for me. 

But then I would look online and see the QVC2 Big Deal or what ever it's called and I think, why not combine the two as two TSV in one day on just QVC. Ideally they would be items of contrasting interest. One item would be clothing while the second item electronic, or shoes and the second an appliance, home goods or a food item. That way programming could be broken up, and one product needn't be droned on forever.

The TSV 1 would start at midnight. TSV 2 at one o'clock. From then on each could have short (hopefully) segments throughout the day.

Valued Contributor

I remember a behind the scenes explanation of this: if people are buying a product, the producers are going to have the host keep selling it. So, if something is on the air for 30 mins, people keep buying it. If something is on the air for a little bit of time, one can assume people are not buying it, and they're making the decision to move on and sell another product