Valued Contributor

Re: THIS IS THE ULTIMATE LOW QVC---YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!

no Q wine, Christmas trees, Valerie Hill etc. there is nothing on this on-line store that I can't buy in my town supporting my local economy or from companies I trust with free shipping / free returns-----but it was quite an adventure, wasn't it?
Super Contributor

Better we laugh now since we have been crying for the last several months ! We make better friends and have more fun this way !!! One things is for sure, the products and shows aren't going to get any better, we know what we are in for, so let's turn most of this complaining around and rock out the rest of this lousy QVC year in style, and give kittymomNC and others some side-splitting guffaws !

We can still do our complaining on all of the other threads. After all, we must maintain our form and finish this Christmas out in style, what would all of the others think if we didn't ? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Remember ladies. We still have to get through the post-Christmas sales and New Year's resolution's shows, dealing with all of the exercise equipment shows, the diet food shows, the health product's vendors, along with all of the usual. It will still be rough for a long time to come yet!

Yep, it will be hard to keep putting on a happy face but I believe in us and WE CAN DO IT!

Thinking of Pharrell's "Get Happy" song for this project !! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Maybe some of Taylor's "Shake It Off" for the post-Christmas/New Year's shows !{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 tantallum said:

I absolutely don't get the flashpad either. Maybe that would have been cool in 1994, not 2014. But clearly they sell a lot. I'm guessing 95% of the purchases are by people who are > age 50 who aren't very tech savvy (and who really do think it is a novel and advanced thing).

wait just a cotton pickin minute, I am over 50 and very tech savvy.

Seriously though I don't get that thing either. Disappointment for the receiver = waste of money for the giver. This must be targeted to grannies who want to give something electronic to the grandkids at under $30, it will be looked at for five minutes then tossed away. Too bad they wont give them the money.

Super Contributor

I heard a host suggest it is just the thing "older folks" ( this means you "jackthebear", lol !) could enjoy because it is the kind of brain game required to keep the mind active to help ward off senility and old age diseases such as Alzheimer's !!!!!!

You know, like they recommend doing jigsaw puzzles, number's games, crosswords, word games, matching sequence games, etc....... {#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Let's all buy a senior citizen one for the holiday's !!!!!! (You think Medicare would pay for it?)

Preventive medicine, you know !

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 tantallum said:

I absolutely don't get the flashpad either. Maybe that would have been cool in 1994, not 2014. But clearly they sell a lot. I'm guessing 95% of the purchases are by people who are > age 50 who aren't very tech savvy (and who really do think it is a novel and advanced thing).

I'm 60 and extremely tech savvy. My parents are almost 83 and very tech savvy. I know a lot of people in both of our generations who know more about computers than most 20-30-somethings.

You owe all > age 50s an apology. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

And I agree with you on the flashpad. Sadly, enough must be buying it.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi ladies! I'm WAY over 50 and pretty tech savvy in a lot of ways (and not so much in a few)! And I don't care whether anyone apologizes or not, I do my own thing and don't worry what anyone else thinks. Cool I bought two of those crazy things, and StevieB sent the EMS! But like Spurt said, I WAS TRICKED INTO IT! Of course, when I told stevie I thought I was getting younger, she thought I was getting delusional and told EMS to "haul the wagon"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I told someone to get me a shrink, but I'm still waiting....! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I ran a huge computer system for a major company for many years - it started out on a "mainframe" computer (if any of you youngsters even know what that is), and that was much more difficult to get information out of than the computers of today (and you had to put the information in it too, no mfr did that for you)! You had to write different kinds of code to "talk" to the computer and tell it what you wanted, and even then, it was amazing what we could get. It wasn't as simple as "pushing button" like it is today, although I stood down my boss one day when he said "all she has to do is push a button" to other managers one too many times, because he didn't even have a clue! He was the Sr VP of Human Resources and knew nothing about computers! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Of course, it eventually transitioned to PC's, and we couldn't get anywhere near the amount of info we got before!

As I said before, sometimes I just want some totally "mindless" something to distract me from other things, and this might work (that is "IF" it works - which is up in the air according to reviews), but who knows? I can return them until the end of January! I have plenty of others things to keep my mind active and working. My son gives me a great compliment when he says I'm still "one of the sharpest tacks around"! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

And Remee, if you can get Medicare to pay for it, please let me know so I can put in my claim - free is always good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

BTW, where the "senility" comes in for me is that I forgot to reset my clocks last night and got up an hour early - I missed that extra hour of sleep I was so looking forward to!Wink

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 stevieb said:
On 11/1/2014 SPURT said:
On 11/1/2014 Bird mama said:

Oh no, SPURT, you fell for it. Leah said she would present a category never ever seen in AM Style so I braced myself for a flashlight or drill or something. I wasn't really paying attention, I think it was an iron.

LOL.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} it looks like this is QVC's latest gimmick to get us to stay tuned.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It was an iron....it's bad enough the long beauty presentations right after they just had an entire show on AM beauty....but now irons....what's next Vitamix....

Well it IS more than a blender and perhaps it'll come in handy to ensure a smooth consistency of facial and body care products, makeup and hair care essentials too. Just think, whipped Wen... Exciting stuff.

Oh the image that conjures up......heaven help us! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 65and fabulous said:

I also heard Leah as she made the "never before on AM Style." I thought, "It better not be anything that plugs in!" I was hoping for a new designer.....or something with, dare I say it, STYLE.

Ok, I can deal with a few minutes of ironing.....I guess.

Since today seems to be 12 hours of DELL.......couldn't they have taken the time to iron on one of THOSE shows?

Yes I can see it now....ironing out the Dell computer screen......a refreshing change of pace...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 Remee said:

Better we laugh now since we have been crying for the last several months ! We make better friends and have more fun this way !!! One things is for sure, the products and shows aren't going to get any better, we know what we are in for, so let's turn most of this complaining around and rock out the rest of this lousy QVC year in style, and give kittymomNC and others some side-splitting guffaws !

We can still do our complaining on all of the other threads. After all, we must maintain our form and finish this Christmas out in style, what would all of the others think if we didn't ? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Remember ladies. We still have to get through the post-Christmas sales and New Year's resolution's shows, dealing with all of the exercise equipment shows, the diet food shows, the health product's vendors, along with all of the usual. It will still be rough for a long time to come yet!

Yep, it will be hard to keep putting on a happy face but I believe in us and WE CAN DO IT!

Thinking of Pharrell's "Get Happy" song for this project !! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Maybe some of Taylor's "Shake It Off" for the post-Christmas/New Year's shows !{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Hi Remee....your post was very uplifting UNTIL you reminded me of all the NEW YEAR, NEW YOU Shows......ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! The turning of the calendar means RUN FOR THE HILLS AND AWAY FROM THE TV......{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I guess QVC felt a moral obligation to help customers take off the pounds that all those KC steaks/prime ribs, Junior's Cheesecake, Cheryl's cookies, Lobster gram put on the purchasers....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

And after the New Year's 'remake yourself' marathon, it'll be time to go digging in the garden I don't have...

Like I keep saying, I think we're pretty much done here.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Yo Q, it's broke. Fix it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...