Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is why OP was surprised at how small her refund was -  she paid them $10.95 -  and the "new" shipping policy and the $6.95 shipping label are no longer new. 

I agree totally with the shoppers who say they have become more careful shoppers nowadays - ggod move, although if we used our own labels the actual increase under the "new" policy is just the original shipping because we were always paying for return shipping except for any errors or defective items.

Could I get a bigger return with an EZPay??  Sure could because I have several of them around $35.00 right now, so I'd get about $25 back if I made a return with their label which I do for heavy or awkward items.

One other idea --  anyone as old to the boards as I am notice that we no longer get all the complaints from returners about having to make their own labels?  Those were almost as common as the complaints about shipping time and costs! 

Respected Contributor

And now my new question is that I returned a pair of jeans yesterday that I ordered and just had to guess at the size because no measurements on the item's page. So of course way too big but in the tall so long enough. I am returning but what happens if Q is sold out in the smaller size I want. Talls sell out FAST (as all you other tall gals know!) and I see one other size is already gone. Will I have to pay shipping (both ways) if Q is out of my size? 

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

And now my new question is that I returned a pair of jeans yesterday that I ordered and just had to guess at the size because no measurements on the item's page. So of course way too big but in the tall so long enough. I am returning but what happens if Q is sold out in the smaller size I want. Talls sell out FAST (as all you other tall gals know!) and I see one other size is already gone. Will I have to pay shipping (both ways) if Q is out of my size? 

@silkyk, if you make an exchange and the new item is out of stock you will not be charged the QVC return label. They will treat it as a return and refund you (minus the original $3.00 shipping to you)

Respected Contributor

@DJs momThanks for the info but lately I've had to keep a real close eye on my bill because what I get told from CS is not always what ends up happening. I'll just hope my size is still in stock when my return gets to Q so I don't have to test the new system. Thanks again!

Regular Contributor

Thank you one and all for the clarifications.  I have a feeling that I won't be purchasing anything else in the future.  There are other shopping channels and if and when the "urge" to purchase something strikes me, then I will use them.  So much for loyalty!

Honored Contributor

3.00 initial s&h and 6.95 to return it, you are already into them for 9.95. There is no way the return shipping is cheaper on your own, unless you do not insure it.

Honored Contributor

For cosmetics and some other items, I search elsewhere to see if I can get the item at the same or similar price with free shipping.  Try for free returns too, which some stores do or for some I can easily return locally.   To try anything from QVC you are pretty much out around $10. if you choose to return the item.

Honored Contributor

@Texussgal

You lose your original shipping, -$3 PLUS $6.95 to return = $9.95 and your easy pay was $10.95 - $9.95= $1.00.....so it looks like you got a penny bonus ...if they refunded you $1.01.   The loss or original shipping and paying to return it if you use their return label has driven many customers to other retailers.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Texussgal

well on the bright side you got more than I did when I returned a item to Evine - .13 cents.  I never ordered again from them!

Q I've gotten $1.01 refund on a clothing/shoes and vowed never to buy again in this category!

Im sure lots of "moolah" is made on returns (by us not reading the fine print or using their provided label).

Sadly, I'd rather keep a "impulse" buy and sell at yard sale I get more that way.

Of course, this is different than your return situation.  No more impulse buying for me!

Respected Contributor

This is why I quit shopping for the most part at the Q.  This used to be a great company and very customer friendly.  That's no longer the case.  I used to shop on a regular basis for gifts and for myself, but no longer.