Valued Contributor

Sunday programming, anyone else missing...

Silver Style?  I used to love my Sunday morning coffee with either one-hour silver style or especially the once monthly four hour Silver Style.  Wish QVC would give this another try with reasonably priced sterling silver jewelry and an upscale silver designer making an appearance with one or two pieces, especially artisan crafted and JAI.  Anyone else?

Valued Contributor

Re: Sunday programming, anyone else missing...

I miss it too. Especially at the prices you didn't have to agonize over. Also the generic southwest jewelry too. Does everything now have to be a name brand? Those were the good old days of today. 

Honored Contributor

Silver Style has been so long ago, I've all but forgotten about it.  Now it's all about cooking and selling prepared food.  Ad nauseum. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I remember it when it was still called Silver Savings. I made my very first purchase from one of those shows - garnet and silver earrings for my aunt. And once a month it was 4 hours long. Loved those showsSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

once monthly four hour Silver Style.

@Tommie1965 wrote:
And once a month it was 4 hours long.

I do miss new editions of Silver Style®. There are some archived editions on YouTube. But Silver Savings/Silver Style® was every four weeks, not monthly, yielding 13 editions of the show each year 1988-2008. If it was monthly there would have been 12.

Respected Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

either one-hour silver style or especially the once monthly four hour Silver Style

There is no such thing as a "one-hour Silver Style®." The one-hour silver jewelry show Sundays at 9am ET was called Silver Jewelry from 1987 to June 1999. It was broadcast as Sunday Morning Silver from July 18, 1999 to its cancellation on June 3, 2001.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care what the exact name was, I lived for those Sunday morning silver shows!  I still own and wear many of the pieces I bought from Jill Bauer over the years.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt