Occasional Contributor

I wish all the designers would realize that not all plus size women are tall; many of us are 5'3" and under.  I am 5'1"  and always find the petites are too long in the sleeves and length in shirts, tee shirts,sweaters, etc.  Very frustrating to shop, especially if you do not sew. I am certain there are others like me with the same problem. PLEASE HEAR MY PLEA DESIGNERS!!!!

Respected Contributor

@calliesmom  I agree with you totally.usually all designer tops,and sweaters are way to long for me.

Honored Contributor

QVC is large enough to offer petites specifically cut to fit plus sizes instead of just cutting off the bottom of pants and tops. 

QVC's sizing sometimes is a mystery to me.  I saw one of Isaac's t-shirts in xxx-sm with 12 inch shoulderseams.  I think of the models 5' 8"+  wearing that size with 12 inch shoulders.  They may be thin, but they are not 11 years old and I know their shoulders ARE NOT that small.  

Honored Contributor

QVC stocks hundred of plus size petites but they aren't likely to stock any item for just a very few people.  I'm 5' 4" and have no trouble selecting clothing from the Q's petite sizes.  Select 3/4 or short sleeves, shorter length tops, ankle pants.  All the actual garment measurements are available to you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Christopher and Banks and Lands End offers Plus size petite clothing that is truly made for petite, not short women.

Women's Within also has some Plus sized petite clothing as well.  I shop for WP sizes often for my friend who is in a nursing facility.  She is around 5' tall and a size 18-20, but the sizes go up to 22-24 for most items and Womans Within has pants up to 6x in petites.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Quacker Factory has something for you.  Remember Jeanne Bice's famous quote: "I'm short but not petite."

Super Contributor

I had forgotten that Jean quote. She was comfortable in her own skin. I am short and petite and often find that tops are too big or too long for me. Same with some petite pants. I'm never quite sure what will fit and I'm not so good at alterations. Haven't bought any Quacker Factory for a few years but what I have bought fits me nicely.

ons.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Maybe Quacker Factory has something for you.  Remember Jeanne Bice's famous quote: "I'm short but not petite."

Being short and being petite are two different things.

i am petite at 5'1".  My daughter is short at 4'11". 

Women who are petite need a shorter rise in pants or we can pull them up to just under our armpits.  Short women can just shorten the legs.

Petite sizes are cut smaller all over in the body of the garment, not just in the length of the sleeves, legs or length of a dress.

Petite figures truly need petite sizes for the garment to fit properly.  Most companies make petite sizes in sizes 4 to 16. It is more difficult to find larger petite sizes, but not impossible.

Honored Contributor

@calliesmom ..............Your suggestion would more likely be addressed and passed on to the Q buyers if you posted in the Suggestion Box forum.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)