Super Contributor

Suggestion: change up presentation order

Such a shame, there was a new bag on Fashions Night In tonight that was shown as a sneak peek at the top of the show and they waited a full hour to present it. Not surprisingly, it sold out before the host could even get through the colors and show the inside of the bag. And to make matters worse, the host was yelling at the customers to slow down so she could present the bag. I know she was trying to be funny but I found it annoying as I was interested but want to see a presentation before I spend $130. I’m sure the producers could see how popular the bag was during the first hour so why not change up the order of presentations to show it earlier? QVC, please pay attention and learn how to pivot due to audience demand. You’d have happier customers. This was amateur hour.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion: change up presentation order

[ Edited ]

It sold out because she (the host) posted in on FB earlier today.  She let the cat out of the bag and should not have.  And she said that, along with tee, hee, hee.

It was just as annoying last night when a certain host had a pair of jeans on and kept talking about them, several times while presenting other products she kept teasing us with the jeans she was wearing.  Did not provide item # but kept yapping away about them.  "OMG, I can't even ...." is all she kept saying.

Esteemed Contributor

The item sold out, didn't it?

The set up worked.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want the item google it. It is sold at other places.

Respected Contributor

I would guess that the host gets credit for sales whenever they occur whether from their sneak peeks, before or during the presentation. The anticipation and fake or real item shortages lead to early sellouts. I don't do waitlist or advance orders. If it sells out, I just figure it wasn't meant for me and forget about it.

Honored Contributor

The wide guitar strap extra handle appears to be the real appeal of the bag -- especially since it sold out without even a look inside.

I love those wide guitar straps for handbags.  But do women know you can buy the strap alone, for under $20, and attach it to your already loved handbag you have at home?  I have several of those straps and interchange them whenever my mood or outfit changes. They are usually 2" wide and can be adjusted to 60" long to wear as a crossbody.  

I have a navy camo, a black & white zebra print, a brown & black animal print, and a grey and blue plaid. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, where did you purchase them? I just purchased a gently used Coach bag and the shoulder strap is way too short for me. It keeps slipping off my shoulder.
Trusted Contributor

@nycgirl79  This is why I don't bother shopping for handbags anymore on the Q.  It's too frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Everything they do is calculated and deliberate.  The order in which they present items is no accident.  They achieved the desired result

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@nycgirl79 -

They have been doing this for years and I always thought it was so frustrating.

With Kirk's Folly, Judith Ripka, especially things they know people will really want and are waiting to hear about. I never understood it but as others have said, there must be a reason they feel this ups sales even if never shown.

I guess people are afraid it will sell out so those that can, look it up and order it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"