Honored Contributor

Re: Striped Boots or ? Shawn 4/2

@Carmie wrote:

She was wearing rain boots on the set because there was goat pee and poo on the floor.  The night before. she was on with the goats wearing a pair of nice shoes and had to be careful where she walked.

Shawn would have been the last person on the list to put with goats.  I thought they would put Carolyn on.  She seems to be a huge animal lover.  

Honored Contributor

The Beekman guys said that goats could be house broken but the goats were on the set for hours and not taken outside.  Its not a big deal.  I have mucked out horse stables, cleaned animals pens at a Vets office, now those are a big deal.

A good mopping with hot water, soap and a little bleach will take care of any problems.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

She was wearing rain boots on the set because there was goat pee and poo on the floor.  The night before. she was on with the goats wearing a pair of nice shoes and had to be careful where she walked.

Shawn would have been the last person on the list to put with goats.  I thought they would put Carolyn on.  She seems to be a huge animal lover.  

Actually, Shawn seemed smitten by the goats the first night.  She called them over and tried to pet them.  She even sat down on the stairs next to them, but they didn't seem friendly and weren't interested in human contact.

They  were supposed to be therapy goats according to what was said and their handler was there with them.  Those particular goats didn't look happy to be there.

Trusted Contributor

Speculation?  Really?

I think the high powered HD cameras would have picked up on anything on the floor.

And if we saw a host trying to miss a pile, we would KNOW FOR SURE there was something to avoid.

There was no mess on the set at all.  I watched all of the shows that day.

[eye roll]

Respected Contributor

Loved the goats and hope they never quit bringing them.  As far as the boots, yes, they served a purpose, but throughout the day, the guys held up their boots and mentioned them.  They said Beekman 1802 (or something like that) on the side so I was thinking the frequent mentions were to tease future sales of the boots. 

Trusted Contributor

They used to sell the boots.  They wore them to signify their struggle and story.

Pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.

They may sell them again but if they do, it will be well into the future.  [That's what they said on the air.]

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

I did not see one puddle or pebble from the goats.

Shawn wore her boots because the Beekman Boys wore their boots.

She said so.

No other host had any issues with the goats and their bathroom habits.

I'm sure she wore the boots since the BB wore their boots.  Can't imagine that there was no much goat waste on the floor that she had to wear her boots - like another poster stated.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Speculation?  Really?

I think the high powered HD cameras would have picked up on anything on the floor.

And if we saw a host trying to miss a pile, we would KNOW FOR SURE there was something to avoid.

There was no mess on the set at all.  I watched all of the shows that day.

[eye roll]

So, what I saw on the floor was my imagination running away with me.  And I personally heard Shawn laugh and mention the mess on the floor....my imagination again.  I think not.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn can be a bit.....dramatic and no, I did not see anything on the floor except for hay and snacks.

No matter if there was anything on the floor or not, who really cares?  They are animals.  Everyone at QVC knew they were coming so to make any deal out of it is just silly.

Shawn could not even call the guys by the correct name.  They are the Beekman BOYS, not the Beekman BROTHERS.

Trusted Contributor

Attention much?  She wears hoof covers all the time.