Trusted Contributor

Saw a bracelet set I liked and called in to see if it was in stock, was told yes it was, it turned out to be a as is item. When I checked my order status the next day, they were out and they put in on back order.... what? So I called and canceled because I don't think you can backorder a as is item. I think when you call in for availability of a QVC item the customer service reps should have all the current information available to them and not be guessing if the warehouse has any, that's why you call in for help and you are not getting it. Shame on you QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

Actually, they sometimes do back order an 'as is' item... They seem to have some sort of handle on the kinds of returns they can expect and so will sometimes back order clearance and as is merchandise.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/19/2015 stevieb said:

Actually, they sometimes do back order an 'as is' item... They seem to have some sort of handle on the kinds of returns they can expect and so will sometimes back order clearance and as is merchandise.

I didn't know they did that.....interesting...

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 circles said:
On 2/19/2015 stevieb said:

I didn't know they did that.....interesting...

I've had it happen, but only twice... Could be there were extenuating circumstances, who knows... And it surely wouldn't appear to be the norm... More times than not, my guess is these days they'd just cancel the order...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...