Frequent Contributor

Return Time at the Q is INSANE

Maybe this has been a thread and I just didn't see it but this is something that's made me question buying from QVC MANY times. I returned some items over TWO weeks ago and yet nothing has been processed or even shows they've received the items back. I used the Q labels so they automatically know the minute the label is read at the carriers that the item is on the way back. With amazon I take the item to the carrier, its scanned and I receive my REFUND THE NEXT DAY, and that's BEFORE amazon even gets the item back to their warehouse!! The ridiculous return time for QVC is archaic. My money is held up for WEEKS each and every time I need to send something back. The old shipping rates didn't bother me half as much as the time it takes for them to process my return, keeping my money that much longer. This practice has really made me stop from buying because I'm thinking about how long it will take to be refunded if I don't like the item. I'm hoping enough people comment here and QVC reads this. Again sorry if this has been discussed to death, I didn't do a search on this topic.

Regular Contributor

Re: Return Time at the Q is INSANE

I took a QVC return to the P.O. on Feb. 3. For the first time ever, QVC sent me an email saying my return was on its way. About a half hour ago today, Feb. 13, I checked the status and the package hasn't moved. All it says is arrived at P.O. on Feb. 3. Totally unacceptable!

Frequent Contributor

Yes I forgot to say I too received emails saying the return is on the way....TWO WEEKS AGO...when I got the emails I thought oh good they are doing this different now and maybe I'll see my returns get there faster etc...nope...I did see another thread on this and I must agree this is a deal breaker for me on many items I MAY have purchased but now wont because of the insane amount of time it takes to return and get a refund. I have amazon prime and while they haven't been as reliable as before with the two day shipping they are still MUCH faster than the Q and unbelievably quick with refunds. They are now my ""go to"" online shopping store. Many items on the Q are found at amazon cheaper and with two day shipping included.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm waiting for an exchange and a refund and it's taking forever. They say they have too many returns from the holiday period but please, get some extra manpower to handle things if that is the case. This has me so turned off from buying anything else. Nice way to lose a customer qvc.

Valued Contributor

Their credit time is also abysmal. I think you use the float (our money) to shore up their numbers.

Respected Contributor

This has happened to me twice, each time after 7 business days I called Customer Service. My account was refunded immediately as they "found" my return.

I think they are holding return credits as long as thy can to work with. Maybe their profits are going down and they need money to operate with.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Couple of things: I am sure that they are swamped because of Christmas returns. I have also heard that when using the Q label it takes longer.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

I've written this before - The P.O. has a "special" bin where Qz items (and I suspect, other mail order packages) get tossed. A "special" shipper comes and picks them up now and then. It could be a week or more of sitting in that bin before they move. My guess is that packages with the special return labels go into this bin.

I am wondering, and I'll ask next time I'm at my country post office, that if you put your own label on the package, they won't put it in the special shipper bin and it will ship regular (much faster) mail. - Bird

Frequent Contributor

I don't do a lot of returning, but do find QVC's return processing time to be slow. One thing that can slightly speed things up is -- if you are using the kind of return label that allows you to leave the package with either the Post Office or UPS, choose UPS. See if there is a UPS store in your area, or an office building with UPS pickup. That eliminates the time it takes a package to get from Post Office to UPS.

Honored Contributor

I never used to have a problem with it, but it appears to be getting slower... And what is with this generic email they're now sending out that 'your return is on the way' back to them...? First, the email seems to come after about a week, when, quite honestly, the item should BE back with them, and the email never stipulates the item, so that if you've returned more than one thing, it's your guess as to which one they're talking about... Then, it seems it's another week before you get the email that the item has actually been returned...

Clearly, while they persist in advertising their 'no questions asked' return policy, they'd prefer we didn't... I get that, but sometimes things just don't work out and it shouldn't take as long as it seems to now be taking to process a return. Personally, I'm thinking the extended delays have to do with the new shipping policies, which now are forcing them to inspect all returns to determine whether or not to refund original shipping...

I've never been a serial returner, but lately, have returned quite a few items that didn't meet my expectations... With the new shipping policy (combined with the dreary, boring, repetitive on-air array of items shown) and the slow processing of returns, I'll be taking fewer chances and ordering quite a bit less.

I can't help but wonder if this is exactly the outcome they were hoping for... Somehow, I doubt it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...