Honored Contributor

He's a bit blah

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Watching Steve Doss on the Lazy Boy show. In the past I thought he did an ok job, but on this Lazy Boy show he needs to take control of that Lazy Boy representative. She is talking non-stop. Such a narcissist. 

Honored Contributor

Watched him w/G. Zagarian (SP). Thought he was OK. Held his own. Great body language.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor

Honestly he should host with Julia Cearley as they would be a delight together. Julia could mentor him and get him out of his shell
Respected Contributor

I've not seen this host yet. Is he mainly on Q2?  I really like Alberti and watch his shows.  Is Steve Doss as lively & charismatic as Alberti?

Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Doss new host

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Honestly he should host with Julia Cearley as they would be a delight together. Julia could mentor him and get him out of his shell

@JONNYSBRO I watched him for the first time today with Chef someone.  He was pleasant, but rather low keyed.  I agree he would benefit well with a lively mentor like Julia.  However - not Jane T!  He wouldn't stand a chance!

Esteemed Contributor

Great body language?

Now I'm extremely intrigued. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Doss new host

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

@JONNYSBRO I watched him for the first time today with Chef someone.  He was pleasant, but rather low keyed.  I agree he would benefit well with a lively mentor like Julia.  However - not Jane T!  He wouldn't stand a chance!

@San Antonio Gal   Steve's mentor is Jane Treacy.  They've posted about that on their respective social media pages.

But he seems to be finding and carving out his own host identity for himself --  which is great.  He is not going to be like Jane, or Julia, or Alberti, or anyone else, I don't think.

Steve has done a lot of QVC videos with Vanessa Herring on the streaming channel QVC Plus.  Vanessa has a weekly show there called Vanessa Can't Cook.  Steve is usually her co-host (but not always).  They cook something from scratch, using QVC items & food; the recipes vary every week.  David Venable, Tara Tesher, Rick Domier, and more have paired up to cook with Vanessa.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager Sorry didn;t explain myself. He moves nicely. Doesn't pose,look up at the ceiling,etc.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

@tl98466 wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan either.  Watching and spending less and less with QVC.

@tl98466  The more and more they "change" QVC, add poor hosts and poor programming, the less and less I watch.. There are a bunch of regular hosts unwatchable and QVC does not need more unwatchable new hosts like SDoss & MDays. QVC used to be great to watch, not any more!  Just my opinion!