Honored Contributor

Does anyone know what's a spolier tag (at the top of the Reply Box), and how/why would I use it?

Regular Contributor

The ONLY thing I can think of is for people posting on the Forum of "Young & Restless" or a thread concerning a show like "American Idol" ... where the reader does not want to know the "results."  (I just want to learn to EDIT ... very frustrating today).

Super Contributor

Re: Spolier Tag??

[ Edited ]

It's used on other community boards, eg TV discussions or computer games, where people post spoilers (eg "to get extra lives, click on the bucket near the well") but they can hide them with a spoiler tag so other boardies have to click to see the spoiler rather than it being "in yer face" immediately when you read the post.

It doesn't really have any use on the QVC boards, but they just bought an off the peg design rather than making it custom.

Honored Contributor

Got it.  Thank you for the responses!

Honored Contributor

I love the spoiler tagging and have used it for many years on other boards.

The nice thing is that you could post a spoiler of a show right into a thread that's not a spoiler thread.  It comes through invisible where you can click on it if you want to see the spoiler but if you don't, you don't see it.

But I think the majority of people on this board don't understand that and, anyway, if you mention the rudeness of posting spoilers in a non-spoiler thread you will just get stomped into the ground here anyway.   Smiley Happy   But established board posters will really appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

i was just trying to reply to a poster and it had spoiler on it! So far I find this new programming horrible hard to use especially since I'm not on a laptop it tablet but my phone. I wish it would go back the way it was.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I love the spoiler tagging and have used it for many years on other boards.

The nice thing is that you could post a spoiler of a show right into a thread that's not a spoiler thread.  It comes through invisible where you can click on it if you want to see the spoiler but if you don't, you don't see it.

But I think the majority of people on this board don't understand that and, anyway, if you mention the rudeness of posting spoilers in a non-spoiler thread you will just get stomped into the ground here anyway.   Smiley Happy   But established board posters will really appreciate it.

99% of people here aren't going to understand or use spoilers correctly.  This isn't a community where people are going to put the results of sports games or TV shows in spoiler tags.  I hope The Powers That Be didn't think, "Ooh, spoiler tags!  Great!  That's totally going to stop all the whining from west coasters about east coasters spoiling the finale of American Idol!  Perfect!"

Super Contributor

And the quote function is a nightmare.  I did carriage return down in my last reply, but it still made it look like chickenbutt said my addition to her post about spoilers.

This all requires a lot more concentration than it used to :-(  <---- and I hate their stupid new smileys, so I'm just going to use keyboard ones.