Honored Contributor

Some new hosts that are easy to watch!

The host on now with the Or Paz, Terri Conn

who used to be on daytime tv, she is so nice to listen to! No yelling, over gushing, interrupting, just genuine sounding interest in what they are presenting. And I love her hairstyle like a Great Gatsby movie starSmiley Happy, and her dress.

Then there is Katrina Szish who was so comfortable on air with Judith Ripka's dil.

Though she spoke over her at times, I wouldn't fault her for that because Judith's dil will frown most of the time at the monitor watching sales and then all of a sudden say something in the middle of what the host is saying.So Katrina just was finishing what she had started.She wasn't interrupting.

Anyway, I think there are at least several newest hosts who are such a pleasure to watch , like the old QVC! 

I also think that it must be a new person who has selected them, intentionally watching for pleasing voices!

I've only seen these and others a few times as hosts seem to be scattered at different times and also I only watch occasionally now or while changing channels. I might actually start watching more often if these newer hosts keep appearing.

I also hope whoever trains or coaches these hosts don't ruin them with encouraging them to "act excited" by yelling, talking really fast, fake enthusiasm, rambling stories of how and where to wear something etc etc.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Some new hosts that are easy to watch!

Sorry to say but I've seen Rachelle McCray do a few shows recently, early morning hours. She did the OrPaz show with Danny at like 5A or so this morning. I watch Danny as often as I can because he's so easy, so interesting, so fun to watch but she was not the host for him. She does not do well showing anything.

All of the other new hosts (except for Anthony the new guy on the block) are really good, very enjoyable to watch.

Trusted Contributor

Agree 100 percent @on the bay
I see Terri Conn a lot (I'm on West Coast time) and she is a natural. I also love her voice.
I've only seen Katrina once, but she was also very good.
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Sorry to say but I've seen Rachelle McCray do a few shows recently, early morning hours. She did the OrPaz show with Danny at like 5A or so this morning. I watch Danny as often as I can because he's so easy, so interesting, so fun to watch but she was not the host for him. She does not do well showing anything.

All of the other new hosts (except for Anthony the new guy on the block) are really good, very enjoyable to watch.

I saw that show, and the host looked so beautiful, the way she was dressed and her hair looked perfect. She was professional, and did a very good job all the way around.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven’t seen Terri yet but I’ve seen Katrina several times and have enjoyed her.  I’ve also liked Ali when I’ve seen her. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  I like Terri and Katrina.  They are enjoyable to watch and have nice voices. I think they will work out well. In the last group, I think that Courtney and Mary were at the top of their class and I think that is why they got their own shows. They are really good at what they do and very pleasant.  

Valued Contributor

Who is the host that has long black hair? Pretty face.  Very pleasant voice.  I've seen her on evenings (California time). I like the way she talks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I prefer the previous group of hosts.  Seems they were better prepared.  The last group--I don't "know them" that well and they really seem inexperienced.  Time will tell--maybe seeing them more in "prime time" will make a difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG. That is Kourtney Kondabi.
Esteemed Contributor

My personal opinion of the previous group - Mary Nelson’s Voice is annoying and her shakeu voice and up talking drives me crazy. Kristine Zell is too ditsy - says really dumb things. Katrina abd Terri are very good. Ali Carr is not on my faves list.