Honored Contributor

Re: So is it 24 hour Christmas in August?

On 8/22/2014 Skylands said:
On 8/21/2014 chessylady said: So I guess I get a vacation from QVC today. I'm not interested in beaded and bedazzled Xmas junk from China or giant blowup Santas or Snoopy's. Have fun if that is what floats your boat.

ITA!!! It's August QVC & we don't want Christmas!!!

China junk!

Maybe you don't want Christmas, but I'd much prefer it over the cheap gaudy clothing lines and what they pass off as jewelry here any more. I'd much prefer it over the endless shoes (just how many pair can you wear anyway?), handbags and overpriced beauty products.

We get one day of Christmas, but days on end of the endless fashion/beauty junk that mostly comes from China as well. Would love to see Q split the programming into two different channels so we could all get what we want, when we want it (oh yeah, that is called the internet!)

Super Contributor

I love Christmas and the holidays, but I don't want to see it this far ahead. Although they show a constant repeat of so many programs that we all get bored from, replacing them with Christmas shows doesn't get it for me, personally.

It doesn't affect my gift buying, as I do that all year long. I don't see anything in Christmas shows that prompt me to give as gifts. I think they are more for those who always buy for their Christmas decorations and decor, but I don't do that. I have collected more now than I'll need. I have so much I rotate it over the years anyway.

Besides, I don't want them to burn out my Christmas spirit while it's in the high 90's, I'm in shorts, etc. My Christmas is always in very cold weather, often much snow, so now it just doesn't feel right. So I take vacation time from the Q with all Christmas shows.

Valued Contributor

I find these threads funny. When I am in the mood I watch and when I am not I don't. Easy and got plenty of things to do besides watch QVC all day. Most of the time I am doing something else when it is on anyway.

Now for me I popped it on the other day and fell in love with the Lennox ornaments. One for each grand child, one for each of my daughters and 1 left over for me. The older grand kids get money and something to go with like this ornament for a keepsake and their own tree some day. Couldn't be easier and didn't have to leave home either. All equal gifts too.

I don't care to watch all day of anything on TV and don't have all day to watch. I like to catch a show here and there when I get off work in the evening or turn it on when I do my housework on the weekends.

You could record a show or two that you do love to watch and play it back on the days they have the things you don't like if you are just looking for something to do.

Super Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 8/22/2014 Krimpette said:

Not sure how many threads there are about this topic today, but QVC does this EVERY YEAR, and has been doing so for all the years that I can recall. I always check the on-line program guide. If I don't like the programming for the day, I move on to something else.

I'm another who enjoys the diversion. Plus, it enables me to spread out some of my Christmas expenditures.

Exactly! It seems there is a "I hate QVC Christmas" thread in just about every forum! I'm sure that based on all these threads QVC will reconsider for next year. After all, what's a better indicator of the popularity and profitability of QVC's Christmas programming - the number of negative posts on their forum or the total revenue on the sales?

I do not think so... I believe they will return next year bigger & better

than previous years...

:

QVC is not for everyone... None of my sisters shop on QVC for
any occasion. They are very busy people and have other interest
that occupy their free time..
:
Other people who shop on QVC but would prefer not to shop
for Christmas, use the time to get projects and housework
completed, or curl up with a good book...
Respected Contributor

Good for everyone who enjoys shopping for these Christmas do-dads, but it bores me so I tune out. Can't criticize any retailer who pushes the early holiday shopping tho.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 stevieb said:

Doesn't make me miserable, I just avoid watching. I don't mind the holiday programming in measured doses, but what I do find regrettable is that no matter how much Christmas they throw out there, the vast majority of the items shown strike me as somewhat kitschy and junky. Clearly, there are some exceptions, but by the time they've run this stuff deep into the ground with repeated showings, the scary part is we'll likely still have most of the fall to get through with more repeated showings of the same old stuff...

Wink

ITA! I love Christmas and the holiday season, but so much of what Q is showing looks very familiar; so much of what's new looks cheap and like it would never last to use next year. Too bad they won't show higher quality things I wouldn't mind using for gifts or in my own home; I would be all over that!

Regular Contributor

So sad that Summer is winding down. I don't wanna see the Christmas stuff but do not feel strongly enough to post about it. However, I came down with a flu like cold last night. Would love to do some shopping while I take this ONE day off for recovery. So, I'm sick with a cold and it's Christmas on the Q. Haha, may as well be November!
Respected Contributor

I can't watch since the beloved Thomas Picconi left. His calm, relaxing insights were more interesting than the stuff they are hawking today. Thomas brought class and charm to the Holidays.