Honored Contributor

Re: So is it 24 hour Christmas in August?

Yes, Christmas in August. I don't mind at all, I don't really watch QVC on tv anymore so they can jump right into Easter in August for all I care. I'm not buying Christmas stuff in August and I don't buy sandals and white jeans in February. But I do find it a little sad that some people think Christmas shopping and decorating is "chore" that they have to "get it over with" as soon as possible. I love Christmas and everything connected with it....but not in the middle of summer.

Valued Contributor

Most people expressing their opinion here already realize they can "change the channel"...and most are doing just that! I look at the new arrivals on QVC.com and usually am not tuned in to on air programming...it is just so repetitive and annoying and boring with too much "junk" presented. Every clothing line now looks the same...including Linea! Years ago we could count on certain lines to offer a look that appeals to our taste but when I see Denim & co drifting toward "fashion" with uneven hems, pleats, bangles and spangles and more synthetic knits then I tune out. So Merry Christmas and hopefully a better 2015!

Valued Contributor

Most people expressing their opinion here already realize they can "change the channel"...and most are doing just that! I look at the new arrivals on QVC.com and usually am not tuned in to on air programming...it is just so repetitive and annoying and boring with too much "junk" presented. Every clothing line now looks the same...including Linea! Years ago we could count on certain lines to offer a look that appeals to our taste but when I see Denim & co drifting toward "fashion" with uneven hems, pleats, bangles and spangles and more synthetic knits then I tune out. So Merry Christmas and hopefully a better 2015!

Honored Contributor

Once again I fell asleep sometime during the goodies at any price point, please.late news and by the time I woke up and changed the channel, Lisa was announcing they had sold 31,000 of the Christmas TSV's! That was one half hour into the day.

Obviously the old adage about one woman's junk is another's treasure applies here.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 8/22/2014 stevieb said:

Doesn't make me miserable, I just avoid watching. I don't mind the holiday programming in measured doses, but what I do find regrettable is that no matter how much Christmas they throw out there, the vast majority of the items shown strike me as somewhat kitschy and junky. Clearly, there are some exceptions, but by the time they've run this stuff deep into the ground with repeated showings, the scary part is we'll likely still have most of the fall to get through with more repeated showings of the same old stuff...

Wink

Well, consider it a blessing in disguise then that you can break the daily QVC shopping habit with all this Christmas programming.

Remember, one person's junk is another person's treasure.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 chessylady said: So I guess I get a vacation from QVC today. I'm not interested in beaded and bedazzled Xmas junk from China or giant blowup Santas or Snoopy's. Have fun if that is what floats your boat.

ITA!!! It's August QVC & we don't want Christmas!!!

China junk!

Respected Contributor

Chrystaltree, You said it much better than I did. To everything there is a season....
Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Skylands said:
On 8/21/2014 chessylady said: So I guess I get a vacation from QVC today. I'm not interested in beaded and bedazzled Xmas junk from China or giant blowup Santas or Snoopy's. Have fun if that is what floats your boat.

ITA!!! It's August QVC & we don't want Christmas!!!

China junk!

Speak for yourself Skylands. I and many others DO want Christmas and are enjoying it.

Respected Contributor

Christmas is a big financial boost for QVC. They are in business to make money, and if some early Christmas shows/days can do it for them, remember that this helps finance the other, less profitable days that you probably enjoy.

I like a little Christmas once in a while - it's a happy, joyful time of year, and spreading it out a bit never hurt anyone (except possibly you Chessylady). I've gotten several hard to choose gifts taken care of already, so I'm grateful for the opportunity to shop early. And since I personally love Christmas, I find the "needed and bedazzled Christmas junk from China" to be added sparkle to our family's celebration.

To each his own.

Honored Contributor

I don't wanna talk about it. Just put me down for a grumpy post.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment