Esteemed Contributor

I am not a "fan" of Caroline, but appreciated that she seemed authentic and was more informative than other hosts I have watched.  I think she was representative of customers and possibly bad judgment on QVC's part to let her go.

TBH, I am not invested in any hosts, but appreciative when they are informative.  Since I shop mostly fashions and cosmetics (and in the past jewelry -- current jewelry inventory is mostly pitiful or overpriced), my most "favorite" host was Lisa Robertson because she actually gave good information about what she was selling and didn't spend a lot of time talking about her personal life.  Those are the qualities I value most, and I don't know any host that has been as good as she was.

I read some terrible things that Dan wrote once, and I can't believe they kept him this long.  I would never watch him after what I read.

Occasional Contributor

OMG I'm with you !!!!!!  I always get a headache when JT is on. I've learned to switch channels before the migranes start LOL.... P.S. so sick of hearing about her girls .   YIKES

Esteemed Contributor

@brady2 wrote:

This is typical of age discrimination,  But I can sure think of a few "younger" ones that should go. 

@brady2   I can see what is happening here but I can't say or I would get banned.  I am watching Q2 and Gary is on with Monifa.  Not working!!!!!!

Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I don't see it as an age thing. To me, the longer you've been with a company, the higher your salary.

And that's exactly why older employees are gotten rid of.  So the corporation can bring in new employees at a fraction of the cost.  (Funny how often the top execs salaries don't go down or they're not let go to cut costs.  Even when the company is struggling or failing.)

However, it still boils down to age discrimination.

@Venezia wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I don't see it as an age thing. To me, the longer you've been with a company, the higher your salary.

And that's exactly why older employees are gotten rid of.  So the corporation can bring in new employees at a fraction of the cost.  (Funny how often the top execs salaries don't go down or they're not let go to cut costs.  Even when the company is struggling or failing.)

However, it still boils down to age discrimination.

@ThinkingOutLoud watch and see, within 2 months there will be 2 new hosts, for more than half Dan and Carolyn's age and half their salary, proving age discrimination. But Dan and Carolyn will have signed an NDA and QVC will remain untouchable.

Regular Contributor
There is no "nicer way" to get terminated. One early October morning, I was pulled into a meeting with my boss and with HR. I was told that my position was being eliminated but that I could work until the 31st! And I said, "Can I leave right now?"