Honored Contributor

Signed in with two different names? Possible?

I am wondering... is it possible to be two different screen names on the forum here?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Signed in with two different names? Possible?

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

I am wondering... is it possible to be two different screen names on the forum here?

Well if someone else used your computer to buy something from Q you  would sign out and the other person would  log in using their  login information.  So if the person wanted to  have two different screen names  they would need to have two QVC accounts. This forum is attached to Q's purchasing site. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi
Thank you... I think this answered my question!
Honored Contributor

Oh, it is so very possible!  In the 12+ years I've been here there have been numerous posters who have held more than one ID and not only that, some have even had conversations with themselves.  heh

There is one professional troll who has probably had some 100 IDs and sometimes even more than one at a time.    Trolls seem to like this place because bannings are so infrequent that they can get away with a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt---That is too funny that they have conversations with themselves.  Some people need to find something else to do, besides sit here and talk to themselves.   lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone posted someting about IT Cosmetics being sold to (I forget what company) under my name about a week ago.i do not know how that is done. I notified the board police but they only asked if i wanted it deleted.......

Now, I am having trouble with my acct sign in ,it rejects my passwd  and then a click later accepts it???  I also cannot acess my a/d acct. ,it times out all the time.This has been wayyyyy over a yr and nothing has ever been done to fix it.

I also noticed at one time there were a few different names listed under my acct .how can that be? I never did that!! My acct is 30 yrs old  and everything has always been the same!  Smiley Sad  ....

Like I have been saying.QVC has the worst online shopping site I have ever used !!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@LTT1,  It is possible, and it's always a violation of the Standards for Participation when someone does it.    According to the Standards:

"Only one email address per person and only one screen name per email address are permitted."

To have a screen name, we have to create a QVC account with an email address.    That address can't be the same as the email address on another account.     So, people create QVC accounts with real (or bogus) info, use a different email address, and then they can log in and post under different screen names.   And since the person is now using more than one email address, they're violating the standards to which they agreed when they started posting here.

As @chickenbutt said, it's been a ploy used by many on these forums for years and it's not likely to stop.    Usually, regular posters can pick up on the multi-nickname posters, especially if they have the same life stories or a highly distinctive writing style, but I'm not sure the moderators see it.   Even if they look at IP addresses, if a person has a dynamic IP address it's going to change from time to time.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Someone posted someting about IT Cosmetics being sold to (I forget what company) under my name about a week ago.i do not know how that is done. I notified the board police but they only asked if i wanted it deleted.......

Now, I am having trouble with my acct sign in ,it rejects my passwd  and then a click later accepts it???  I also cannot acess my a/d acct. ,it times out all the time.This has been wayyyyy over a yr and nothing has ever been done to fix it.

I also noticed at one time there were a few different names listed under my acct .how can that be? I never did that!! My acct is 30 yrs old  and everything has always been the same!  Smiley Sad  ....

Like I have been saying.QVC has the worst online shopping site I have ever used !!!!

@MalteseMomma,  I did a search of the user file and only see one "MalteseMomma" listed.    To do this, all you have to do is type the user nickname in the Community forums search bar, choose "Users" instead of "Community," and click/tap "GO."    You can click/tap this link to see the search result for your name:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=maltesemomma

If there's a post with your account and you didn't create it, it's best to quickly change your login password.   The long-standing login problem you describe might be related to your browser, since it's not a widespread problem.   You might want to be sure you have the latest version, then clear cookies/cache/website data, relaunch it and see if the problem persists (or try a different browser).   I agree this site is very, very glitchy.   I'm sorry that happened to you!   That would be very upsetting.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh, it is so very possible!  In the 12+ years I've been here there have been numerous posters who have held more than one ID and not only that, some have even had conversations with themselves.  heh

There is one professional troll who has probably had some 100 IDs and sometimes even more than one at a time.    Trolls seem to like this place because bannings are so infrequent that they can get away with a lot.

@chickenbutt

Hi, Chickie!   Not only do they converse with themselves they also heart "each other's" posts.    I've seen it just recently, in fact.    It can be funny to watch...  but at the same time I think it's sad that someone would find a need or desire to play such games and manipulate the forum and other posters.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo@chickenbutt

Well, chickenbutt--you cannot imagine how much your sense of humor tickles my funny bone ... thank you for lightening up my day!

Thank you both for confirming that this is indeed possible. I guess I have been a member here for way too long-- thought I was losing my mind! SRSLY!