Super Contributor

Show hosts names in program guide have been removed?

I may have missed the explanation for the reason show host names have been removed from the program guide.  I have been on vacation for the past week.  Apologies in advance.  My QVC watching/buying has decreased over the past year and this is pushing me more in that direction. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Show hosts names in program guide have been removed?

I don't know the answer to that one but I've also noticed another dumb change to the guide. Previously I would search for upcoming shows I'm interested in and set up an email reminder to myself as to when they would air. Now I find that I can do that on some shows but definitely not on all...especially some of the ones I'm most interested in! Seems like just another brilliant move on Q's part to lose business. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My take on this is it's because there are so many negative comments about some of the hosts' behavior.  If they don't list the host, you have to tune in to see who the host is.  Sneaky, huh?

I don't think there will be an answer to this question from corporate.

Honored Contributor

I often wonder why companies make some of the changes they make, but I do know  they all work with different information than we outsiders have access to.  

High on my current list of why? is that I wonder what QVC knows about the effect of continuing our forum that I don't get.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've done the opposite.  I don't tune in nearly as much, since the Program Guide change.  I purposefully avoid certain hosts as much as I can [so I can minimize sitting through behavior that irritates me]. The Guide was a great way for me to schedule my QVC watching/shopping time. Now, except for the morning shows, and static shows like ITKWD, I've lost interest in even looking at the shows scheduled.  I end up not watching for the majority of the day now.

I guess it's a good thing after all.

Honored Contributor

Years ago they used to list the hosts of the shows in the guide, then they stopped doing it.  I assumed it was because it made it easy to avoid tuning into hosts we don't like.  I had no idea they were listing them again because I haven't checked a program guide in ages.

Aside from enjoying Leah's show on Saturdays, I can't say there is one host I look forward to watching.  Even Leah can get on my nerves...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also just sent a live chat about this.  I rarely watch now, since I just don't want to bother to check the TV to see who the host is.  It's a shame QVC has to hide this.....and HSN not only shows the hosts, but also the guests names.  

Trusted Contributor

I stll check it daily to see any shows that interest me, then i tape them so i can fast forward thru it. Now i will watch less,  because i don't know if host's i do like will be on.

Trusted Contributor

My watching was way down but without the host name, it's been zero.