Occasional Contributor

I purchased the Ninja Creami as a TSV and then found the exact same item at a big box store locally for $30 less.  I called QVC to see if they would price match and all the customer service rep offered was to send me a label to return it.  Not very good business sense..... they have money in hand and they would rather get the product back and spend money on shipping than price match and make a customer happy. Very confusing..... sadly I think the Q has lost their way. 

Respected Contributor

Wasnt that TSV like a month ago? How long do you expect a company price match? I think that is an unreasonable request.

Honored Contributor

@Lndf1398 

Did QVC ever have a price match policy?  I cannot remember one.  Most retailers do not have a price match policy.  Did you find the same Ninja item that same day? That TSV was a while ago.

Also, QVC usually throws in some kind of extras in their TSV items (whether you want them or not).  Did the less expensive retailer also include those extras? 

I always do a competitive price search at lots of retailers before I make a purchase, especially larger ticket items.  Prices are so fluid, they can change every day.  

Honored Contributor

This happens with a lot of things Q sells.

Their TSV La-Z-Boys are $300 less at furniture stores in my area.

They're selling an outdated (but still good) Samsung tv today. I had to replace my tv last month and bought one in the same line that is 2 models newer for $65 less.  

I always price shop. It's not very often Q's price is lower than other places, especially when they include free shipping/delivery, returns, promo codes.

Honored Contributor

not surprised by either

that it is cheaper elsewhere 

and no price matching, although I think a business would need to have some method to check

Honored Contributor

I can't remember that QVC has ever advertised that they will price match another retailer.

As for finding a product cheaper somewhere else, I'm not surprised at that either,  Especially nowadays.  Retailers are all changing prices constantly.  Even when QVC advertises "The lowest price we've found" you have to read the fine print.

So the customer service rep had no other recourse but to offer to have you return the item if you're not happy.

Honored Contributor

Buyer beware!  It pays to shop around.  IMO, most items sold on QVC can be found elsewhere for less.  It's up to the consumer to get the best price.

Honored Contributor

I find most times regardless of what you see here you will find on other websites and/or in B&M in your town you will find for less price points. 

Then there's the dilemma of buying here, waiting usually a couple of weeks before you get the item(s), unpack, try it out. Did you like it? did it fit? did it arrive broken, did it arrive used?  If something was not perfect then you have to go through the return process of boxing it back up, getting out your own printer to print their prepd return label, driving it to either USPS or UPS, or paying the return/insurance cost yourself. Waiting for the package to move through the postal system to get back to the Q, waiting for them to process the return, and yet still waiting for the return to show up on your card.

WHAT A HASSLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I shop around on other sites I more enjoy shopping at (online) to compare prices, can I get it for free? Can I return it for free? Or do I feel like going to a B&M to go shopping? More times than not I'll choose to not shop here but instead there for a better price, look at items in person, try on in person, no paying of s/h to me, no waiting to get my goods and more importantly NO return process.

Honored Contributor

Unless I've asked the same day the other price was available, I've never gotten a price match anywhere. 

We can check prices so much more easily than when price matching was more common that I'm surprised retailers still make the offer. 

Honored Contributor

Only 2 maybe 3 times have I approached via live chat to ask for the price difference here. Yes it worked but it's so seldom that I just ordered something or just received something that this actually works and/or that I bothered to contact someone to attempt to get a bit of a refund on an item. This too is kind of a hassle that may or may  not work.