Respected Contributor

@LVQVC2020 wrote:

Why does QVC charge a S&H charge for each item even when you buy multiples of the same?  No other online retailer does this.  Nor does any other online retailer charge a "handling" fee which, if you don't pay attention, you are possbily paying sales tax on bothe the S&H charge.  Many States require sales tax collected on "handling" fees and since QVC combines them, they have to charge tax on the whole S&H amount!  In the end, you are paying WAY MORE for a product than everywhere else!  And then if you want to return an item, they want to charge a return shipping fee.  Very few retailers do this now.  

HSN practices sending several items in the same box and still charges individual S/H charges for each item. So does Blair, and several others I shop from.
Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Just a thought....Doesn’t Amazon (Amazon Prime) charge a yearly fee to order from their site? (Like Costco?) If so shipping is NOT free.

Amazon Prime offers many benefits besides free shipping.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Just a thought....Doesn’t Amazon (Amazon Prime) charge a yearly fee to order from their site? (Like Costco?) If so shipping is NOT free.

Amazon Prime offers many benefits besides free shipping.

@mom2four0418 That is true. But if you are paying for something.......then it is not free. At sometime you paid for something......shipping, movies, tax......! In most cases you don’t get something for free.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty   I'm an Amazon Prime member, and there are many more benefits than free shipping.  I order all the time, though, so the shipping is definitely a plus for me.

You do not have to be a Prime member to order from Amazon.  Amazon offers free shipping to non-Prime members if you order $25 or more.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty   I'm an Amazon Prime member, and there are many more benefits than free shipping.  I order all the time, though, so the shipping is definitely a plus for me.

You do not have to be a Prime member to order from Amazon.  Amazon offers free shipping to non-Prime members if you order $25 or more.

@Nicknack Thanks for the information. I wasn’t aware of the benefits as I don’t shop Amazon. I get in enough trouble with QVC. 😱😩😂🙋🏻‍♀️
Occasional Contributor

Clearly you don't understand.  And they are not deleted.  

Be nice to people!  You don't know this person!

Honored Contributor

The S&H and return shipping charges off set what they lose with all the returns. The Q would be able to compete with Amazon if they offered free S&H and returns over 25 bucks too.JMO

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  That was rather mean

Super Contributor

Re: Shipping Scam

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty yes, you are correct!  I have a membership with Amazon Prime.  They also allow customers to pay a monthly fee.  I pay mine yearly because it is cheaper in the long run.