Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Comparison

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can accurately compare these three businesses when David's and Amazon stsrt broadcasting TV 24/7.  Currently it's like comparing apples and zebras.  QVC is a much more complex operation.

You think QVC is more complex than Amazon? 

What makes you think so?

@Alison Wonderland,  I'm not attempting to answer for Kachina but I do agree that comparing Q to Amazon is an "apples and zebras" situation.

Although Amazon. for example, may ship hundreds of thousands of packages a day I question whether they would be able to handle shipping 60,000 to sometimes more than 100,000 of one item, along with other daily sales in very high numbers of one product as efficiently as they do a variety of products.

Once you factor in shipping from a vendor it is even more complicated and there are more avenues for errors, breakdowns and other anomalies.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Occasional Contributor

What ever! Their shipping is ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that shipping has not improved very much.  Some of my items are shipped and received in a reasonable time.  On other orders, it seems to take forever, even a recent TSV.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

It's the one thing that prevents me from ordering.....shipping issues.
That HAS to be impacting their bottom line.

Something changed with QVC because their shipping used to be dependable.  What a shame to see a company that used to be very dependable go downhill.

I needed a new Christmas tree and decided to order one this week. Although the one I wanted was at the Q, I got mine from Costco. Not that I am in a hurry, but I trust Costco's process.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can accurately compare these three businesses when David's and Amazon stsrt broadcasting TV 24/7.  Currently it's like comparing apples and zebras.  QVC is a much more complex operation.

What makes you think so?

@Alison Wonderland,  I'm not attempting to answer for Kachina but I do agree that comparing Q to Amazon is an "apples and zebras" situation.

Although Amazon. for example, may ship hundreds of thousands of packages a day I question whether they would be able to handle shipping 60,000 to sometimes more than 100,000 of one item, along with other daily sales in very high numbers of one product as efficiently as they do a variety of products.

Once you factor in shipping from a vendor it is even more complicated and there are more avenues for errors, breakdowns and other anomalies.

You can't compare to just Amazon, agreed. That's why I used another vendor. 

But it does not matter how many other vendors I compare them do, QVC comes in dead last almost every time. There's one vendor that tied with QVC for delivery. I bought a hair product from a mom who makes hair gels in her kitchen and sells them on Etsy. She only makes the gel once a week, so that's why it took 10 days for it to get to me.

If USPS delivers my product on schedule and not early, even she will have beat QVC's delivery time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What makes you

@Alison Wonderland. All Amazon. does is accumulate the items for your order, throw them all in a box without any packing material and ship it off via UPS.  Have you noticed QVC's TV component and everything it takes to televise their merchandise?  They do everything Amazon does plus operate a multi-national TV operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I placed three orders from three different stores this week.

Monday AM: Ordered from QVC. Shipping noticed received on Friday.

Wednesday PM: Ordered from David's Tea. Shipping notice received on Friday.

Thursday PM: Ordered from Amazon. Shipping noticed received Friday.

Estimated Shipping for all:

QVC Ordered placed on Sept 30: October 10. That's 11 days.

David's order placed on Oct 2: October 7. That's 5 days.

Amazon order placed Oct 3: October 5. That's 2 days. 

Why does it take QVC so much more time? I get it, Amazon is the gold standard. But every other company, large or small, also manages to beat them QVC. QVC is still in the stone age of processing and shipping.

What's going on there?

I can do better than those examples, OP.

I placed an order with zapposdotcom  on Wed. 10/2, received shipment notice later that same afternoon, and it was delivered on Thursday, Oct. 3.  (free S&H and free returns, too)

I also placed an order with Zappos.  Order very late evening, around 11 p.m. on a Wednesday and had the shoes by Friday afternoon.  Received an email the evening that I placed order that it shipped.  I also placed a shoe order with Walmart, it 2 days.

Free shipping AND free returns.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would just be happy if my County garbage  collection would replace the old trash can that they broke the wheel on last week.
   First it was supposed to be Friday a week ago, then definitely today (Friday). They didn't come today but she assured me  I'm on the list for today. And it's Friday...maybe next week???
    It's becoming like QVC, a guessing game as to when deliveries happen: and what you receive.