Respected Contributor

Shipping Comparison

[ Edited ]

I placed three orders from three different stores this week.

Monday AM: Ordered from QVC. Shipping noticed received on Friday.

Wednesday PM: Ordered from David's Tea. Shipping notice received on Friday.

Thursday PM: Ordered from Amazon. Shipping noticed received Friday.

Estimated Shipping for all:

QVC Ordered placed on Sept 30: October 10. That's 11 days.

David's order placed on Oct 2: October 7. That's 5 days.

Amazon order placed Oct 3: October 5. That's 2 days. 

Why does it take QVC so much more time? I get it, Amazon is the gold standard. But every other company, large or small, also manages to beat them QVC. QVC is still in the stone age of processing and shipping.

What's going on there?

Honored Contributor

You can accurately compare these three businesses when David's and Amazon stsrt broadcasting TV 24/7.  Currently it's like comparing apples and zebras.  QVC is a much more complex operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Why does it take QVC so much more time? I get it, Amazon is the gold standard. But every other company, large or small, also manages to beat them QVC. QVC is still in the stone age of processing and shipping.

What's going on there?

I can do better than those examples, OP.

I placed an order with zapposdotcom  on Wed. 10/2, received shipment notice later that same afternoon, and it was delivered on Thursday, Oct. 3.  (free S&H and free returns, too)

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

What's going on there?

I can do better than those examples, OP.

I placed an order with zapposdotcom  on Wed. 10/2, received shipment notice later that same afternoon, and it was delivered on Thursday, Oct. 3.  (free S&H and free returns, too)

Zappos is an Amazon company.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can accurately compare these three businesses when David's and Amazon stsrt broadcasting TV 24/7.  Currently it's like comparing apples and zebras.  QVC is a much more complex operation.

You think QVC is more complex than Amazon? 

What makes you think so?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

why 

I realize you are very pro QVC and that's great, but both companies have warehouses from which products ship, there are computers and technology for shipping large number of product out the door,

QVC should be able to do better,   they choose not to.

I don't think you can compare the Amz Prime experience though directly, but still should be more efficient. 

they can't ship out in less than 5 days , yet it's not possible to cancel an order ????

Honored Contributor

What's going on there?

as of now the "classic Q customer" who phones in an order, doesn't have a computer, etc is still alive , and not complaining.   

until QVC mgt sees shipping as an issue this will not change,   maybe the last one to turn out the light will get it 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

why 

I realize you are very pro QVC and that's great, but both companies have warehouses from which products ship, there are computers and technology for shipping large number of product out the door,

QVC should be able to do better,   they choose not to.

I don't think you can compare the Amz Prime experience though directly, but still should be more efficient. 

they can't ship out in less than 5 days , yet it's not possible to cancel an order ????

That is exactly it for me, @jackthebear . QVC has made the choice to be the absolute bottom of the list in shipping. And I have to wonder about that.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Then I suggest they hire more employees.  

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland 

I know that it's owned by Amazon.  They're headquartered in my city of Las Vegas.  Their warehouse is in the midwest.