Valued Contributor
I am with you who cares, there is so much fighting and suffering in this world, we can all use a laugh! Besides who here is so bright that you haven't had a"stupidity moment ". My hubby is on his third wedding ring(lost the other two) , lost 2 licences, runs upstairs and can't remember wwhat he went up for, now that's sad! PS. By lost 2 licences mean he can't find them!
Esteemed Contributor

So true, stevieb.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I think SK was playing dumb. I hate to see a host do that. If she knew the right answer, why not just stand her ground?

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

So true, stevieb.

Clearly for some, not all, but some... this is just another opportunity to rage on Shawn, who they don't like to begin with...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 stevieb said:

So true, stevieb.

Clearly for some, not all, but some... this is just another opportunity to rage on Shawn, who they don't like to begin with...

ITA - for one poster in particular, I think this just may have made her year. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

In the context of the fact that reporters have stopped people on the street and asked who is the current VP of the United States and they had no idea... and they've asked many people if they prefer the ACA or "O" care, and they have no clue that it's the same thing... and asked who the first president of the United States was, and they don't know, or asked where were the countries that had Ebola and they didn't know it was Africa, or asked what the Civil War was about and they don't know... I could go on and on about these kinds of things.

Shawn stood her ground to Isaac that the moon was not a planet.... Isaac thinks the moon is a planet... I would much rather someone know who is the Vice President of the United States than to have a QVC designer and host know the fact that the moon is a satellite of the earth. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 MJ 12 said:

So true, stevieb.

ITA - for one poster in particular, I think this just may have made her year. Sad.

I'm thinking those on that particular train better enjoy the ride while they can, since it seems Shawn is about to become new Lisa...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 1/16/2015 MJ 12 said:

So true, stevieb.

IF this is directed at me and I am sure it is (you could have used my name), you are correct, I do not like Shawn, the way she acts is appalling and I will shout it from the rooftops any chance I get.

There are host's you and Stevie do not like and there are things about the Q that Stevie is very vocal about just as I am vocal about Shawn and her antics.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Occasional Contributor

Equally as bad was Kirsten referring to Apple computers as ""that citrus fruit company"" the other day!

Sighhhhhhhh........good looks fade away but stupid lasts forever!

Respected Contributor
On 1/16/2015 golfcartrider said:
On 1/16/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/16/2015 severusgirl said:

As a teacher, I resent the comment that what transpired between the 2 show hosts with regard to their confusion about the solar system as a commentary on the inadequacy of the public school system. There could be any number of reasons why they couldn't get their facts straight. Why chalk it up to their education and to the teachers who do all in their power to provide a solid foundation in all subjects? I think Cosmic's comments were harsh and judgmental; anyone who talks for a living is bound to put a foot in it from time to time. It's just unfortunate that it was broadcast live.

To be truthful, I blame everyone who things "dumb" grown people (especially grown women) are "cute" rather than shameful. What does that say to young people?

I agree, all of SK's immature dumb actions are horrible for young people that may see her or hear her.

I doubt very much any young people are watching Shawn and Isaac.

It's not the end of civilization as we know it. It's not the fault of teachers (sheesh). It's not the downfall of the educational system. Remember when Dan Quayle mis-spelled potato in a room full of school kids?

It happens. People make mistakes and sometimes they are funny.

~Enough is enough~