Valued Contributor

Re: Sharon Faetsch

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

She's very graceful. Did you know she used to be a Las Vegas show girl? And as short as she is!  Must have worn a lot of those big, feather and bejeweled head dresses to look taller !  cutie ! Woman Happy

I didn't know, that is very interesting.  has she talked about it on air?

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I think Sharon does a nice job whatever type of program she is hosting. Unfortunately, she rarely gets to host a fashion or beauty hour. Contrary to an opinion posted above speaking fast and monotone is a most inaccurate description. Her vocal pattern and enunciation is in the top percentage of the QVC on air staff. She never resorts to the high pitched and rapid screech of others -- even if presenting a hot item which is selling out quickly.

At the very least I think she has earned the opportunity to be David V.'s regular substitute for his In the Kitchen shows.

----------------------------

Oh no..NOT food shows.   I like Sharon as a presenter for everything except food shows!!  Her reaction/response to food - facial expressions of rolled back eyes, head tilted back, licking lips - are way over the top and so unnecessary.  A simple "That food is great!" would do....

Respected Contributor

No way.  I'm sure in real life she's lovely but as a host, especially as a food host, not so much.  The poster that says she over enunciates is spot-on.  She pronounces consonents very harshly, like her Ms, for instance "Mmmmmmassachusettes"  or "these crab  cakes are mmmmmassive".  She lowers her voice to almost a whisper and then suddenly shouts out the rest of the sentence.  I don't watch her--she's way overracting and puts a lot of drama in food.  But I saw her on another show and she wasn't as bad

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sharon Faetsch

[ Edited ]

@stazgirl wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

She's very graceful. Did you know she used to be a Las Vegas show girl? And as short as she is!  Must have worn a lot of those big, feather and bejeweled head dresses to look taller !  cutie ! Woman Happy

I didn't know, that is very interesting.  has she talked about it on air?

Yes, she has a long time ago. I have heard it more than once or even twice. She adores Las Vegas !!!

Mentioned it before in her emails to me.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes she does speak fast, but I like her laid back and easy demeanor, and as a lot of other posters have mentioned, she does give all the pertinent information right away, and no gushing all over vendors,etc...She is friendly without being over the top!

Contributor

she has such a calming voice and not over the top..loud she just soothing

Trusted Contributor
I love Sharon. Carolyn Gracie and Sharon are the only two hosts I will watch.
Visitor

I agree she is pleasant but she explains everything the same way whether it is food, clothing or accessories.  They can't all be the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I like her alone but not with Rachel on FE, they talk at the same time and once SG was added to the mix, almost intolerable, even for me.  But she is excellent aline  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Not my favorite either so very tired of watching she and poor old Dan stuff their faces can't any else eat how hard is it? People do it all day long. Give us a break let someone else a chance at making a pig of themselves on tv.