Honored Contributor

If I saw that much hair on my carpet, I would certainly pick up as much as I can before I used a vacuum on it.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

If I saw that much hair on my carpet, I would certainly pick up as much as I can before I used a vacuum on it.

@rms1954  ... I’m lazy 😂🤣 I would let the vacuum do the work!! 😃

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954, in other words your carpet would not demonstrate how well the vacuum works so would not interest someone with a pet that sheds heavily.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I always like to see worst case scenario in the demonstrations so I have a sense of its performance under normal conditions. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I came VERY close to buying this yesterday...love my current (cheaper model) Shark and struggle with my long hair in all vacuums ever owned. Decided to look at reviews other than on Q's site and found many, many that say the front roller breaks off early and easily. It was so prevalent of a problem that I passed.

Trusted Contributor

I own a Shark with all the bells and whistles and it just sits there now collecting dust....I am on the fence to dontate as the brush bar is impossible to clean unless you want to take the complete bottom housing off with the smallest screws on the planet!  so it sits with a ton of hair wrapped around the brush bar and will not work without it being cleaned....waste of money and it for me weights a ton....I love my bissel cordless Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

That Shark presentation sounds more like my real life scenario lol....

I have two male cats; one is an orange tabby that somehow got some persian genes thrown in. That guy has so much hair, he has to be professionally groomed once a year. There's no mystery where he's been in the house, all you have to do is follow the tufts of hair.

The other cat was a rescue that I took in a year ago this month. He was living in a small bathroom cabinet in a terribly unsanitary hoarder kind of home for about 3-4 years. Teaching him to use scratching posts was a very long process, and I finally realized he is only going to use those cardboard kind of scratchers that shred pieces every where. 

I have to haul out my Shark Navigator daily, and it takes a beating. But......it works great, and I wouldn't use anything else. 

Shark customer for life!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I have two cats and one of the sheds really bad so that was a realistic demo......

But I used to be a Shark vacuum fan, but found they only lasted 1 1/2 to 2 years and got tired of replacing them...I followed all the maintenance and filter cleaning and brush cleaning instructions too... No more Sharks for me.... I currently have a Hoover its soooo heavy, but it does the job and is well made...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”