Esteemed Contributor

Same old, sale old Lunchtime Specials

I'm seeing the same old "Lunchtime Specials" being listed every day. They must recycle the same items over and over until they're gone. I've seen the same items repeated over and over this week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Same old, sale old Lunchtime Specials

Those "specials" must not be selling well.  Most are QVC owned lines. LOL

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Those "specials" must not be selling well.  Most are QVC owned lines. LOL

Far as I always could tell...LS always were the "duds" that didn't sell well...for the most part.

I didn't even realize Q was still doing them.

Esteemed Contributor

If they want to clear inventory why don't they mark the items down more and give free shipping!?  Most of the items are marked way up to begin with.

Honored Contributor

I think lister in charge had a few days off, as they didn't remove that one set until this morning.  Not all of these items are duds, sometimes I think they just buy too many, like the JAI horse shoe ring that has been up lately.  I have a turquoise stone in that same design of JAI ring, it has turned into one of my favorites.  It also induced me to buy the matching bracelet.  

Regular Contributor

OK someone on the QVC social team give the Lunchtime Specials a "shove" same ole same ole just doesn't cut it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Free shipping is offered most weekends. Don't understand why so many posters keep bringing that up. 

I'd suggest giving that excess merchandise to various Charities. QVC is wasting more time and effort putting it on Lunchtime Specials than it's worth. Use it as a write-off and clear it out of stock ASAP. Then, bring in high quality merchandise the customer would purchase. No one wants to shop for junk merchandise, which seems to be all QVC has carried for many years.

If QVC buyers would sell well-made, natural fabrics, in attractive designs they would have buyers for their clothing at any price. Few people will wear plastic (aka man-made fabrics) clothing which doesn't breathe, looks sloppy, holds orders, and isn't biodegradable!

When Denim & Co. came out with their Naturals line, I thought Gary Gobin was going to have an upscale line of all natural fabrics. NOT. More polyester and stretch. HUGE disappointment in Gary, QVC and their false advertising. It could/would have been such a money-maker. Great idea; bad follow through as usual. 

Don't get me started on the faux furs, faux suedes, faux gold and sterling, faux diamonds and semi-precious stones, faux leathers, etc., etc., etc.!! It's all so unbelieveable. Why would anyone spent money on that junk?                           

Valued Contributor

@Effie54 Not only have they been the same for days, they are not at the LTS prices. Click on them and you get the higher "clearance" price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@laluzdelmundo  Remember the days when we could keep track of previous prices on our Wish Lists? They took our notes away to conceal their higher prices on "sale items" and several items shipped together for a flat S&H fee. Big mistake on the Q's part.

That's when the quality dropped and many hosts were allowed on air in an unprofessional manner and strange appearance. It became more of a High School BFF show rather than a professional sales gig. The profitable days of QVC fell quickly, great  merchandisers left, and many of us stopped spending money. We watched in awe as the P&L nose-dived on a once thriving company, yet they continued to spend money foolishly on more channels, new hosts, new sets, bought other media companies, and those were the visible expenditures. I shudder to think of the insurance, benefits, stock options, retirements, stock & merchandise, building operations, etc. of doing business . . . in addition to the package deals associated with the thousands of layoffs in 2020. There have been a lot of costly mistakes for QVC piled up over the past decade. Hate to see any company suffer so severely.                       

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since the Primetime Specials went away, it seems the Q has been strict about only posting new Lunchtime Specials after the stated launch time of 11:00 a.m. ET. You can sometimes still view the specials earlier in the day, but they are often the specials from the day before, and as has been noted, that means the special pricing is often no longer in effect.

(As another poster noted, though, there were definitely repeats a couple days in a row late last week, likely due to QVC not having as much staffing for the holiday.)