Esteemed Contributor

Way back in the aforementioned early days the Q was probably a new and fabulous place for companies to sell their goods, having them be seen and bought by millions of people and probably made a ton of $$$. They don't need the Q anymore. Nowadays most have their own websites to sell their goods without having to give up any percentage along with whatever other rigamarole the Q might demand of them plus being sold on-line on other sites such as the big A so that the Q just isn't worth it to them anymore. Maybe this is one of the reasons the vast variety of goods being shown is a thing of the past. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe 

I gave up watching for that reason, and many others. 

However, this time of year, I am reminded of what USED to be.

In the "olden days" of QVC, I enjoyed watching the holiday programming and bought gifts for family and friends.

Have not done that in a very long time, and likely will never see those days again.

What I do know is they don't care that I'm not watching or buying.

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@BalletBabe 

What I do know is they don't care that I'm not watching or buying.

That is the thing that is so sad! There are so many threads started here on a daily basis about all of the issues that are going on w/the Q,....you would think that they would take that feedback and DO something about it!! I mean it's not as if these forums are here for OUR benefit...they have a reason behind keeping these forums active and you would think that would be to get feedback/opinions from their customers, but apparently not. LOL It seems to me that they really just don't care and they're gonna do it "their" way, which I have a feeling is going to be the end of the Q as we know it

:-( which would be very sad, so I truly hope they get their act together and start doing things the right way! 

I will tell you one thing I thought was kind of an insult to long time shoppers/customers---I saw an ad that if you're a new customer you can save $10 or $15 off a $30 purchase!! I cannot rem if it was 10 or 15 though, anyways the point is it's an incentive!! What about ALL of the customers who keep this business going? Regular customers? No offer(s) for them?? I just think it is kinda rude that's all. JMO

Thanks for reading LOL sorry I just don't understand WHY they're doing this. Maybe someone with some business background can enlighten me to what I''m missing, if anything. :-)

~ Hope in TN ~
Frequent Contributor

@BrandiDavis   I saw that offer also for new customers....if a brand new customer spends $30 on a first purchase they can take $15 off of that purchase...at least that is how the host I saw explained it...I've noticed that they all explain those things a little differently which is why there is usually confusion with the 'if you sign up for a Q card' offers....some of the hosts say statement credit..some say account credit 

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

My husband reminded me the other day that for every person like ME who has stopped watching, there are likely many NEW customers who just started.

I suppose he is right.  But, what I see (as a former customer) is a big missed opportunity to hold on to loyal shoppers.

Perhaps there are just too many choices now for them to bother worrying about people like me.

That's OK.  I got the message long ago and spend my $$ elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps the goal is to do it over time but eventually do away with hosts performing live on-air selling  altogether and instead become an on-line store like Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Re: STOP PLEASE!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Everything they said above...and here's my suggestion, if anyone at QVC is listening, which they don't ( Why bother listening to customers?!?!??!)

Instead of Mulitple Channels showing the same ole same ole over and over and over and over and over and over again, sometimes, simultaneously, simultanesouly, simultaneously, simultaneously....

Start an "E-QVC" network and park ALL the computers, endless chargers,  security cameras, different brand/same function tablets, phones, i-pads, on it.

Let the rest of us alone with this CONSTANT barage of electronic junk that is either obsolete when it's being sold, or will be the week after you get it home.

TOO MUCH. Yesterday EVERY TIME I out on a Q-channel it was some kind of electronic dreck.

Seriously....just how many times does a car battery REALLY go dead?!?!?!? And how many times do you need a flashlight to attach to your inner car hood at night?

ANd enough with the 1000.00 Christmas trees. I fell for those pre-lit gimmicks and NONE of that stuff lasts more than a season or two....

Valued Contributor
All I know is if anyone likes Barefoot Dreams Nordstrom has some much better prices online. Just sayin.......
Honored Contributor

Re: STOP PLEASE!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Again, a reminder that QVC is a programmed shopping network.  Not entertainment.  Check your local channels for viewing entertainment.

@rms1954 

I personally dont watch QVC for entertainment, but 

CEO of QURATE Mike George disagrees..here's his vision of QVC and QURATE....from an interview with Shopping Magazine.....

It’s this pitch-perfect mix of information, entertainment, salesmanship and storytelling.  “Our customers are joining us for entertainment and for connection as much as they are looking to make a purchase, if not more so,” says CEO Mike George."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

So true, we are looking to buy gifts, not to see the same thing run 24-7 with a few other things in between.  This is insanity.

You can view items online without watching.

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

download.jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”