Valued Contributor

Just reviewed the new items today and saw ship dates of 12/7...sounds about right considering how slow shipping is.  I guess this is a warning to buy your Christmas gifts early...no longer Christmas in July but Christmas in May.

Esteemed Contributor

If a clothing item is not on clearance or LTS I will not buy it from QVC.

Today's TSV should tell all that nothing new is in the warehouses. 

My orders confirm this.

Made in the USA or food may be the exception. I did receive an outdoor chair (not the recent TSV) in record time. I think it may have come directly from the manufacturer's warehouse in or near Easton, PA- very near to where I live, even though it was (of course) Made in China

Returns are bad as well. Over two weeks to process my refunds. No way am I waiting 90 days to return an item! QVC is not holding on to my $ for months on end.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

If a clothing item is not on clearance or LTS I will not buy it from QVC.

Today's TSV should tell all that nothing new is in the warehouses. 

My orders confirm this.

Made in the USA or food may be the exception. I did receive an outdoor chair (not the recent TSV) in record time. I think it may have come directly from the manufacturer's warehouse in or near Easton, PA- very near to where I live, even though it was (of course) Made in China

Returns are bad as well. Over two weeks to process my refunds. No way am I waiting 90 days to return an item! QVC is not holding on to my $ for months on end.

@queendiva 

Bingo! It's called 'floating' on the interest they get on YOUR money the longer it remains in their accounts, before they refund it.

It can also have an affect on their financial reports, depending on the timing.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Just reviewed the new items today and saw ship dates of 12/7...sounds about right considering how slow shipping is.  I guess this is a warning to buy your Christmas gifts early...no longer Christmas in July but Christmas in May.

12/7 EDD is just crazy, I haven't ordered since 11/19 and it looks like I still won't be.....after 25+ years.

Besides, with all of the issues with China, there may be slim pickin's for Christmas items anyway, we all know how many products on QVC (and elsewhere) are made there.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Why would anyone order something that will not ship till Dec???

Esteemed Contributor

The items listed as shipping in November and December are clearly holiday-themed items; it's likely that they're just the first wave of the Christmas in July offerings, so we'll see more and more added to the site in the coming weeks.

And FWIW, delays with processing and shipping seem to be tied to specific vendors; I've ordered dozens of items over the past three months and only had a delay on one order (clothing, which is slow to ship even under normal circumstances)—and it still arrived within 15 days. I'm sorry for all who have ordered items from vendors that are not being prompt in processing, and I know that is frustrating, but it really is important to be patient and understanding; this pandemic is not just affecting one company and one warehouse, but hundreds of companies, sites, and people that are all having to figure out the best way to keep doing their jobs as safely and efficiently as possible.