Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Has anyone noticed?  If you buy something and pay in full immediately, shipping and handling is free.  If you pay on "easy pay", you are charged shipping and handling making the item more expensive. 

@Cats3000 - This is absolutely not true—unless an item is being sold with free shipping, you will always pay a set shipping fee, as stated in the product listing.

And with Easy Pay, you sometimes actually end up saving a couple of extra pennies overall based on the fact that the price+tax+shipping is being divided equally among a specific number of payments; in cases where there is an uneven division, QVC always gives the customer the benefit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nope.  Shipping is not free, regardless of single or easy pay.  That would be pretty awesome if they would offer free shipping for single pay vs. easy pay.  I always use single pay but do consider the shipping charge as part of the item's cost before finalizing my order.  I bought a Kim Gravel blouse last night & the shipping was $8.22, which, to my state, is pretty reasonable.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife  $8.22 s/h for a blouse? I think that's ridiculously high for a light weight item like a blouse.  Isn't clothing like beauty ($3.50 s/h), it has a set price for all clothes that ships?

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@SurferWife  $8.22 s/h for a blouse? I think that's ridiculously high for a light weight item like a blouse.  Isn't clothing like beauty ($3.50 s/h), it has a set price for all clothes that ships?

@LuvmyLab   @SurferWife  lives in Hawaii.  That's why she said it was reasonable for her state.  Hawaii and Alaska always have higher shipping charges from anyone.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack  Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that.