Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

WHERE IS SHAWN?  NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER LIKE SHE'S

ON VACATION.  i ASSUME SHE IS BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO START THE SHOWS SHE NORMALLY DOES AND SAY SOMETHING.

Most people utilize facebook and instagram, so it's not always necessary to report every time a host is absent. It's common these days that if you're truly interested in their whereabouts, you'll follow them.

Not everyone ......utilizes Facebook & Instagram.
Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@K9buddy wrote:

Of course she must post about her vacations.  She’s afraid when she’s MIA she won’t be relevant anymore. Lol. 

It's is evident from the OP's post that she's interested in Shawn's whereabouts. The hosts can't win. If they post about their vacations we get complaints, if they don't tell us why they are absent we get complaints.

It’s not necessary for Hosts to share their where a-bouts and what their doing every minute of their lives. There is safety issues involved......think about it.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Yes, Shawn is enjoying donuts, among other things one loves on vacation, with her husband and daughter.  She posted it on her IG page. 

does anyone REALLY CARE? LOL!

Some do, and how nice. 🥰
Honored Contributor

She's on vacation.  Why should they say that????  She's just a show host.  The merchandise is the same whether she is presenting it or not.  If you follow your favorite hosts on FB or Instagram, you get the scoop on what's going on in their lives.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Really???Smiley Frustrated

Yep.....REALLY! Some of us really like Shawn. 🤗
Honored Contributor

The hosts have been trying way too hard to befriend us with too much info about their personal lives. If on vacation, home with a sick child, fine. I don’t need or want to know. It doesn’t affect my daily life. 

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

WHERE IS SHAWN?  NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER LIKE SHE'S

ON VACATION.  i ASSUME SHE IS BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO START THE SHOWS SHE NORMALLY DOES AND SAY SOMETHING.

Most people utilize facebook and instagram, so it's not always necessary to report every time a host is absent. It's common these days that if you're truly interested in their whereabouts, you'll follow them.

Not everyone ......utilizes Facebook & Instagram.

@Naturesbeauty: Yes, I know. I am one of those people. I guess I just don't care enough to follow anyone. Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

I check out some of their Instagram sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus @that is qvc’s sales approach.  Just now extended to social media.  Not for me.  Never was.  I don’t buy because i relate to or like a host.  I buy because i want the product.  And i definitely will not buy if the host turns me off because i stop watching them.  But apparently lots of people grab onto the “i am like you, trust me, buy” approach.  

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@K9buddy wrote:

Of course she must post about her vacations.  She’s afraid when she’s MIA she won’t be relevant anymore. Lol. 

It's is evident from the OP's post that she's interested in Shawn's whereabouts. The hosts can't win. If they post about their vacations we get complaints, if they don't tell us why they are absent we get complaints.

It’s not necessary for Hosts to share their where a-bouts and what their doing every minute of their lives. There is safety issues involved......think about it.

I never said it is necessary. I don't do FB, IG or Twitter so I don't care if they share their whereabouts or not as I don't follow anyone on social media. I was just pointing out that the hosts are damned if they do and damned if they don't.