Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Oh hellodali so u have bought Lisa's items. It's just imagination to downgrade and spread fake news about LRz business. Lisa has a thriving business and shes doing it so well. Using her home she doesnt hsve to psy rent on s brick and mortar. She has fabulous QVC veterans on the team and having record sellouts. She has those expensive couture diamond pieces and she has sold quite a few of those. Big question could Lisa return to a shopping channel and write her own ticket anywhere but of course. She chooses to instead be her own boss, have complete creative control and just kill it. I am so happy she is almost on year four of this biz. I am about to tear up and cry. What's she done is given us a high brow experience. Shes made us feel like we could be one of the who's who.

You're talking about fake news again?  After it's been pointed out by several posters that some of your facts are clearly incorrect?  Opinions vary, but facts are facts.  It's interesting that you completely ignore posts that provide the correct facts.  In many cases actual facts can be found by doing a simple Google search.  You have spread fake news several times on this thread. 

And no, Lisa cannot write her own ticket anywhere.  She did not leave QVC by choice, and it's unlikely that they would want her back.  When she left, she announced that she had big, big plans, something fabulous that she would do next.  And here she is, years later, selling items of questionable quality from her couch.  And desperately doing damage control.  

Tear up and cry if that makes you happy.  IMO she is nowhere near "high-brow", and never has been.  No one I look up to makes me feel like I'm someone I'm not.  It's shallow and phony and without any merit whatsoever.  Why would you even want that?  

Esteemed Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Oh hellodali so u have bought Lisa's items. It's just imagination to downgrade and spread fake news about LRz business. Lisa has a thriving business and shes doing it so well. Using her home she doesnt hsve to psy rent on s brick and mortar. She has fabulous QVC veterans on the team and having record sellouts. She has those expensive couture diamond pieces and she has sold quite a few of those. Big question could Lisa return to a shopping channel and write her own ticket anywhere but of course. She chooses to instead be her own boss, have complete creative control and just kill it. I am so happy she is almost on year four of this biz. I am about to tear up and cry. What's she done is given us a high brow experience. Shes made us feel like we could be one of the who's who.

If Lisa Robertson's business really were thriving, she would gladly pay the rent for a separate office space.  Who wants employees in their house at all hours of the day and night, cameras set up in their living room, merchandise displacing their furniture, and a garage that is so full of boxes they have no room to park their car?  She uses her home as an office because that's all she can afford.  

Exactly.  That's how people just starting out begin their businesses.  The hope is that they'll be successful enough so they can afford a separate space.  Someone with a ton of money certainly wouldn't be doing all of this out of her house.  

And she wouldn't be posting amateurish videos.  She would have videos done by a professional or at least someone who knew what they were doing.  And everything would be more polished overall because she would have paid for some good business advice.  I think it's pretty clear that Lisa is not exactly rolling in money.

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I am sure QVC would hire her back.  She was great at her job.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.  It was not her choice to leave, and I doubt they would want her back.  They decided to move on without her.

Super Contributor

I'm curious.  Where can same or similar items be purchased.  I would like to do a price match

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

We put a lot of time and effort into finding beautiful, quality treasures for you. If there is an issue with the quality of an item I would appreciate the opportunity to rectify that. We have a customer care department and that is where you can connect with Nancy and we could have hopefully helped you. Our customer care is not on this social platform so this is not where this could have been addressed. If you would like to contact us please send an email to customercare...

This is her response to the woman who complained about the pitcher.  It's very snippy, IMO

I find it to be snippy too.  However, if called on it, I could see her coming back with "well I was just directing her as to where to go so we could help her".  She played her statement very well.  She is a smart cookie.

She can say whatever she wants about it, but it came across as snippy to me too.  And that's not a good look no matter how she excuses it.  She said nothing about being sorry the customer wasn't happy, or that she was inconvenienced.  And she criticized her for posting "on this social platform" rather than gently directing her to Customer Care email address (which is a joke because apparently emails sent there get no response.)  It sounded like she was scolding the customer rather than taking any responsibility at all, and she didn't seem to want to help her - She wanted to criticize.

I don't agree that she played her statement very well, or that she's a smart cookie.  She had an opportunity to act as though she cares about her customers, but instead she posted a reply that clearly had an attitude behind it.  If I were that customer, that reply would have sealed the deal about never buying from Lisa again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

We put a lot of time and effort into finding beautiful, quality treasures for you. If there is an issue with the quality of an item I would appreciate the opportunity to rectify that. We have a customer care department and that is where you can connect with Nancy and we could have hopefully helped you. Our customer care is not on this social platform so this is not where this could have been addressed. If you would like to contact us please send an email to customercare...

This is her response to the woman who complained about the pitcher.  It's very snippy, IMO

I find it to be snippy too.  However, if called on it, I could see her coming back with "well I was just directing her as to where to go so we could help her".  She played her statement very well.  She is a smart cookie.

All she said to say was "I'm sorry you have an issue.  Our customer care will be happy to help you.  Please email them at..."   No need for anything else.  I get the feeling she gets personally insulted at any criticism or issue that comes up in business.

Yes, exactly.  You said it much better than I did.  :-)

It's like, "How dare you not like something after all the time and trouble I went to?"  Not one word about being sorry the poster was disappointed.  

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

All she said to say was "I'm sorry you have an issue.  Our customer care will be happy to help you.  Please email them at..."   No need for anything else.  I get the feeling she gets personally insulted at any criticism or issue that comes up in business.

It's like, "How dare you not like something after all the time and trouble I went to?"  Not one word about being sorry the poster was disappointed.  

But that is her and her tribe loves her for it.  She always had an attitude on the Q and that is why I never watched a show that she hosted.  She is full of herself and I think some people love that.  I can see the tribe saying LR is right -- social media is not the place for complaints against the great LR.  I'm just saying . . .

She is not going to change because all her life things went her way.  She doesn't think she should feel sorry for anything.  She feels people should be sorry for criticizing her.

Super Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

But that is her and her tribe loves her for it.  She always had an attitude on the Q and that is why I never watched a show that she hosted.  She is full of herself and I think some people love that.  I can see the tribe saying LR is right -- social media is not the place for complaints against the great LR.  I'm just saying . . .

She is not going to change because all her life things went her way.  She doesn't think she should feel sorry for anything.  She feels people should be sorry for criticizing her.

And there you have it folks.  She will not chage because life's things didn't go her way.  She is always, and will always be right.  She paid the price with this attitude at the Q and it's catching up with her now.

Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@persiflage wrote:

When you file your documents with the Secretary of State you need to provide a registered office address or a commercial registered office provider, post office box alone won't be accepted for the filing.  Bizapedia goes through public secretary of state records and mines that information.  If you later file a change of registered office the info isn't likely to be updated by a business directory like bizapedia.

I didn't realize that.

I'm sure she didn't realize it was going to one day be public, but she shouldn't have used her personal address.

If the Pearl Princess had actually done research and preperation before taking this bleep show public she may have been able to save herself from all of this. Of course as others have mentioned she started her "small business" so she could keep getting the ego stroking and adoration from the fans she seems to have. Those devotees are more then happy to put up with her treatment towards them while continuing to overpay for the below discount store quailty "treasures" she marks up.

She's going to be in quite a pickle if any the tribe who are no longer fans really are going on that cruise. It would be too late for them to get their money back so they'd all be stuck on that ship together. It's a pretty big ship so they could probably avoid each other but any comments they made towards her couldn't just be deleted like they can on a social media account. 

The amount of likes for her FB fan/business page went up quite a bit and still is somewhat which wouldn't be so suspicious if there weren't such a sharp increase of foreign men posting on her page saying this that have nothing to do with her or her small business. A lot of people have suspected she's been purchasing likes for quite a long time. Her likes have gone up by over 80,000 in under a year but that doesn't seem to have helped her business at all and it's still the same people commenting on her page.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I agree!

The Tribe may not like criticism on Lisa's social media, but social media is actually a perfectly appropriate place to voice criticism.  It's very common.  And in Lisa's case, emails don't receive replies, so what other option is there?  

Rather than keeping her FB page like some kind of fairyland where everything is perfect and everyone is happy, it would do her well to invite feedback and to actually pay attention to it.  If I was running a new business, for sure I would want to hear from customers so I could learn and grow.  She shuts out negativity because she doesn't want to hear it and she doesn't want anyone else to see it.  That's a terrible business decision.

I see criticism on social media all the time, and good businesses know how to address issues and make customers feel valued.  But Lisa can't be bothered.  I honestly think she's more interested in being adored and idolized than anything else.