Honored Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

@hellodali wrote:

Can you please come up with a new schtick?  The biz, the fabulousness, write her own ticket, etc. etc.  I don't have to purchase fake radishes to know I can get them cheaper at Michaels in the bargain bin. 

And you are right -- who needs an established store on Madison Avenue when you can have your sofa in your livingroom and customers do not get the privilege of seeing or touching the items prior to purchase?    Then when the junk gets delivered to their home, they have the hassle of boxing it up and sending it back because they find out it is garbage.

BTW 2 years does not equal 4 even in the new math.  Tear up?  Are you even serious or is this a joke? 

@hellodali  Some of his posts, and this is one, make me think his posts are all a big joke.  I think he's laughing at all the push back his posts cause.  If he's not joking he should give it up.  There are only a couple of people on these threads that agree with him.  I don't think he even buys Lisa's junk.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

Can you please come up with a new schtick?  The biz, the fabulousness, write her own ticket, etc. etc.  I don't have to purchase fake radishes to know I can get them cheaper at Michaels in the bargain bin. 

And you are right -- who needs an established store on Madison Avenue when you can have your sofa in your livingroom and customers do not get the privilege of seeing or touching the items prior to purchase?    Then when the junk gets delivered to their home, they have the hassle of boxing it up and sending it back because they find out it is garbage.

BTW 2 years does not equal 4 even in the new math.  Tear up?  Are you even serious or is this a joke? 

@hellodali  Some of his posts, and this is one, make me think his posts are all a big joke.  I think he's laughing at all the push back his posts cause.  If he's not joking he should give it up.  There are only a couple of people on these threads that agree with him.  I don't think he even buys Lisa's junk.

I'm absolutely sure it's a joke. Like a parody Twitter account. No one can possibly be that worked up over a former TV shopping channel salesperson. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

She started it June of 2016 so it will be three years old and onto year four. Oh a salesperson who made multi millions, a fashion designer, celebs and vendors adores and who has traveled all over the world. I am sure very few peoples resumes here can match lisas.
Respected Contributor

I thought her video was nice and informative.  Of course jewelry tarnishes.  

Trusted Contributor

For those of us who go way back (for me, 1990) with QVC, we have seen hosts come and go.  Jane Treacy had a jewelry line after leaving the Q; she came back as a host some time later.   IIRC Judy Crowell tried to sell on the Q after she left, resurfacing with her DH on HSN, then Evine, and now back at HSN.  Lisa Mason is on JTV.  Patti Reilly is shilling Bare Escentuals on HSN and the Canadian channel.  Albany is on Evine. I think Lisa Robertson aspires to  be an upscale Valerie Parr Hill - someone who doesn't make the merchandise but "finds" it in the martkeplace.  However, Lisa doesn't want to be a sales rep on a shopping channel - she is essentially a personal shopper.  I am her customer but I hope she has a lot of money in the bank because her customer base is limited, as is her exposure.  We don't see her in the news, she isn't hawking her wares, as it were.  She needs to get that one thing to hook her up to "the bigtime" again.   

Trusted Contributor

@Culebra

Yes, jewelry tarnishes but you are missing the point. Lisa's things were good quality when she first started selling.  They devolved to thin, poorly stamped junk with rough and unfinished edges and bare minimum plating.  Look at the close ups of her current inventory.  She is buying close outs, mistakes, over runs and cancellations.  This is not at all what she started out selling.

@JONNYSBRO

Mid 2016 to right now is LESS THAN THREE YEARS.  Year #4 remains to be seen.

Lisa made "millions" for QVC.  She is not a multimillionaire as you like to believe.  You act like she has every penny she ever made, not spending a thing.  Look at both sides of the financial statement.  It's known as assets and liabilities.

She is not a fashion designer.  Ripping pages out of magazines and tweaking it is not designing.

What celebrities adore her?  Can you provide a list of a few? I have not seen her with "anyone" in quite a while.  No Met Museum ball, no Elton John Oscar party, etc.

As for that stellar resume, she would have two entries:  her first job at Shop At Home and her second job at QVC.

Frequent Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Oh hellodali so u have bought Lisa's items. It's just imagination to downgrade and spread fake news about LRz business. Lisa has a thriving business and shes doing it so well. Using her home she doesnt hsve to psy rent on s brick and mortar. She has fabulous QVC veterans on the team and having record sellouts. She has those expensive couture diamond pieces and she has sold quite a few of those. Big question could Lisa return to a shopping channel and write her own ticket anywhere but of course. She chooses to instead be her own boss, have complete creative control and just kill it. I am so happy she is almost on year four of this biz. I am about to tear up and cry. What's she done is given us a high brow experience. Shes made us feel like we could be one of the who's who.

If Lisa Robertson's business really were thriving, she would gladly pay the rent for a separate office space.  Who wants employees in their house at all hours of the day and night, cameras set up in their living room, merchandise displacing their furniture, and a garage that is so full of boxes they have no room to park their car?  She uses her home as an office because that's all she can afford.  

Super Contributor

Jonnysbro I sincerely hope you read this.  Everything you mentioned is WAS.   What is now is not what was.   Her celeb friends were vendors on QVC.  Chaz had and has the WEN line, Mark Zunino is a fashion designer who had a clothing line on QVC, Lesile was Bare Minerals, the hair towel woman had products on QVC.  Do I need to go on and on.   Lisa went a lot of places because QVC was under different direction-management..  I don't see she is still a part of any of the celebrities circle.  .  There may have been attempts to stay in the loop but I don't see it's worked out.   

She ino longer has television exposure.   QVC's cirremt audience most likely doesn't know who she is.      Her current fan base is people who adorned her on QVC.   She's gone now!     I don't know why she  left  but I can't imagine  leaving a job with no life plan.  I can't imagine starting a business with no business plan.    20 hour days is not an excuse because we  know she's probably working the same number if not more.  The difference is she is no longer getting the QVC paycheck, benefits.    She's no longer looking at the monitors, striking a pose and making goo goo eyes.   Call it what you want to Jonnysbro, what was was and what is is.   You seem to be holding on to a dream about the past.  You may want to wake up to the future.  

Trusted Contributor

Heck, I'll settle for leaping into the present.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

She started it June of 2016 so it will be three years old and onto year four. Oh a salesperson who made multi millions, a fashion designer, celebs and vendors adores and who has traveled all over the world. I am sure very few peoples resumes here can match lisas.

@JONNYSBRO  Surely you can do simple Math.  June of 2016 until June of 2019 is three years.  She is now in her second year and will be in her third year in four months (1/3 of a year away).

Edited to say:  @nomless pointed out that she's now in her third year.  I don't know what I was thinking.  In June she will start her fourth year.  That is four months away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau