Frequent Contributor

I've certainly been critical of the last two groups of new hosts, and think QVC overall really missed the mark on most of the hires.

But I have to give credit where it's due.  Rosina is obviously really working hard to improve.  She can't do much about her loud, rather harsh voice, but she has made noticeable strides in her knowledge of the product being presented and her presentation skills.

Honored Contributor

She still has a long way to go.  My impression of her presentations is that she's simply disinterested which is an indication of lack of effort.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like the sound of Rosina's voice.  To me, that's the only thing she's got going for her.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Respected Contributor

Her voice is a channel changer for me.  

Honored Contributor

Although she is very pretty, and her voice doesn't bother me, she shows a lack of interest to me that just says to me either she hasn't done enough research on the the items that she is presenting or she is not interested in them..I just get this general blah attitude from her.....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Although she is very pretty, and her voice doesn't bother me, she shows a lack of interest to me that just says to me either she hasn't done enough research on the the items that she is presenting or she is not interested in them..I just get this general blah attitude from her.....

She is a beautiful woman but I get the impression she is strictly there for the paycheck. There is no excitement or great interest in presenting items. 

I do give her somewhat of a pass because she has a baby home and lets be real...most people do work for the paycheck.....I know my husband and I do.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I think being hired as a QVC host is a very competitive and long process. 

I can imagine Rosina submitting many demo sales tapes to qualify for an interview and then going through the interview and training process before she was hired.

I wonder how those demo videos of her presenting products (during several phases of the hiring process) qualified her for her plumb position as a QVC host.

Respected Contributor

I watched Rosina last night and I have to say she has greatly improved.  She demonstrated enthusiasm and knowledge of the products.  Let's give her a chance.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I think being hired as a QVC host is a very competitive and long process. 

I can imagine Rosina submitting many demo sales tapes to qualify for an interview and then going through the interview and training process before she was hired.

I wonder how those demo videos of her presenting products (during several phases of the hiring process) qualified her for her plumb position as a QVC host.

@pdlinda   LOL, I've frequently wondered that about many hosts.  Or do they just know somebody?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I can only IMAGINE how many hoops each has to jump through to get on air but, regardless, with so many host "dismissals" it's clear some other criterion may have been used in hiring.Smiley Wink