Valued Contributor

Re: Rose of Tralee coming up 9/3

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Checked out the program guide in the Insider.  They're not even having an Irish TSV Smiley Sad

The TSV for that day is Quacker Factory.

There will be 2 hour blocks at 1 am, 1 pm and 5 pm and a 3 hour block  at 4 am.  That's just sad IMHO.

I almost always buy some Belleek during the Irish programming and just really enjoy the shows.  I've gotten a few jewelry pieces as well that are still some of my favorite pieces.

Guess they really don't want my business then!  So Sad!!!!!!!

thG4M2IMGW.jpg

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the Irish shows and usually always (I'm not kidding)..... buy the Irish TSV.  I have a nice collection of woolens (which I wear here every winter)... some beautiful 14k gold before the prices went so high and some Beleek.... OH and I have the three Fairy Doors which I have displayed right on the wall by the Front Door.... my dear Mother was from England and she told me the sweetest story about how when she was a child she'd make "Fairy Forts" so the Fairies would have a place to sleep.... when I saw those little doors I had to buy them!!  When I look at them, I think of her and her love of the wee Fairies.... 

I remember YEARS ago they had a Scottish show.... I loved that one too and purchased a red plaid wool throw for my Dad for when he sat and watched TV....

I'm hoping they continue the Irish shows, even if they can't make it for an entire day~!!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention the Cottage Industry Kitchen stool I bought years ago (I don't believe they do any carpentry anymore)....  it is a spectacular piece of work.  It has a Gaelic saying on the top that's been carved into the seat!  I have too much to mention, but needed to say that I miss the Cottage Industry products a lot.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

My opinion, but those Irish shows are the most boring shows EVER on QVC! Obviously these shows do not sell well, hence they drastically cut the hours and did away with a TSV for the day too. I for one am happy about that; QVC will at least be watchable that day instead of avoiding the 24 hour day in its entirety. 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

. . .

I remember YEARS ago they had a Scottish show.... I loved that one too and purchased a red plaid wool throw for my Dad for when he sat and watched TV....

I'm hoping they continue the Irish shows, even if they can't make it for an entire day~!!!

Oh, I am part Scottish (as well as part Irish) and wish they'd have those Scottish shows again.  I'm still looking for a tartan plaid tea cozy to replace the one my Scottish relatives had sent me years and years ago but wore out.  It was thick and plush, nothing like the skimpy ones all over the internet.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. I still remember my mom and myself sharing conversations about what we picked up from the shows. Heart