Frequent Contributor

QVC is blocking free speech.....

If they don't like what you say, they just don't let you SIGN IN and say it........

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC is blocking free speech.....

C'mon, this isn't Reddit. There should be no expectation of free speech on a privately own, moderated board. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@whezy wrote:

If they don't like what you say, they just don't let you SIGN IN and say it........

Apparently they let you sign in lodge this free speech complaint.

BTW, their board=their rules.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@whezy wrote:

I don't know...they've allowed you to start several threads complaining about the new format, the hosts and QVC in general.

If you mean they won't let posters use vulgar or demeaning language or derail threads?  Well, I say about time and "thank you, moderators!"

There are a lot of other boards on the Internet; perhaps you could find one you prefer.

Honored Contributor

@whezy wrote:

Which is, like, totally within their rights on a forum *they* run. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Sounds like this board isn't a good fit for you.  Your thread on pj's was poofed. There are many other forums choices out there for you to join to express your free speech.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, your constitutional rights are being violated.

Everyone should be able to say whatever they want, regardless of the consequences.

So what, if words can be hurtful or divisive, you're  entitled to your opinion and everyone else is entitled to your opinion, also. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The right of freedom of speech only means that the government cannot interfere with your right to speak.  It has absolutely nothing to do with shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@whezy

Click these links to
see if they answer your questions.

😊

::

"What is with the censorship?"

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/What-is-with-the-censorship/m-p/2031662#U2031662

"QVC Community Standards for Participation

These Standards govern participation in QVC's Community features, including Ratings & Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Question & Answer, and any other type of Community-based features that QVC may offer now or in the future. The QVC Community features, like all others portions of our site, are also governed by our General Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement and are limited to persons 18 years or older...."

Complete list of Standards:

http://www.qvc.com/QVCCommunity.content.html

hth!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Well I don't come here often but when I have in the past the sote was full of host bashing and QVC bashing.  It appears that it has cut down on the posts and the bashing which is a good thing.  I personally don't shop at QVC much anymore because there are so many other ways to shop online with far better prices but I don't bash QVC