Frequent Contributor

I understand due to circumstances, that things are shipping slower, but Roberta's does nothing to keep you informed. I have even emailed them about orders and they totally disregard them. Never once have they answered me. Next year, I will go to my local garden center and avoid buying any plants from QVC. 

Valued Contributor
Roberta’s directly isn’t going to be able to help, they’re just fulfilling the order.

It’s QVC responsibility to communicate and keep you informed.
Trusted Contributor

I have to say that the tomato plants I ordered from Robertas are actually blooming! I don't have good luck with either of the nursery plants I have bought from QVC, but I gave it one more shot and I am seeing tomatoes! I think I did get them after we were supposed to stay home because I remember having to make a special trip to Walmart for potting soil. I am glad that our governor did not say we couldn't shop in that dept.

Honored Contributor

People and growers are concerned with shipping after the last frost but they disregard the fact that in many places it has been unusually warm and it's too hot to plant.  If you plant a tender rose bush when it's 95°, it will most likely be too stressed and will wither and die.  The young crepe myrtle I received was crispy, not how you want to receive your plants.  I would just trash anything that arrives this late.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

We ordered day lilies on 4/24 and again we ordered the same day lilies on 4/29. We also received COVID19 msgs saying orders will be delayed. Around 5/6 we received the 4/29 order. On 5/14 I called Robertas to see why I hadn't received my 1st order since I already had received the 2nd order. Their response was people in NJ were filling the orders and they guessed the NJ people were not filling the orders in the proper sequence. They asked for patience. I called Robertas again on 5/21 and they said the same thing. I called today, 5/29, and they told me they were out of stock and they could not fill my order. I asked how could they be out of stock for my 4/24 order when they still had stock to fill my 4/29 order. They couldn't really answer that.

My answer is they accepted more orders than they had in stock or they are grossly incompetent.

It doesn't reflect well on you QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Nurse_Sue    Just a hint: Several years ago I redid an area of my yard and bought lots of daylilies.  I found the largest, nicest plants at, of all places, eBay.  Many people divide their plants and must have hundreds of them.  They sell the excess.  They are the size of at least two year old plants, and they're usually quite inexpensive.  Most people sent extra "bonus" plants too. Take a look.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I would have never considered Ebay.  I am just disappointed with the grower's service because I wanted the specific colors.  I ended up going to a local nursery, but my choices were limited since it's so late in the planting season.

New Contributor

QVC did not do well on my order of day lilies.  They dropped the ball as well in regards to notifying me that the order could not be filled.  QVC quickly notified us that COVID 19 is causing shipping to be late.  They have not notified me that the order can not be filled.

I'm sure they fill 99% of all of the orders on time and without any problems.  It's that 1% that makes them look bad when there is a problem.  I would guess that 1% number would be an amazingly large number when it is stands out by itself.