Respected Contributor

Re: Ridiculous sales pitch of the month

[ Edited ]

@ManyMeows  I discovered Milky Way Midnight bars years ago and I love to put them in the freezer- they're delicious fresh or frozen.  Chop them up and put them on a homemade ice cream sundae with some hot fudge sauce. Delicious Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

😘 Contrary to what you may be thinking, I am not relaxing on the Lazy Boy with eleven bags of assorted candy, a jar of Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter, a half gallon of vanilla ice cream, and three spoons.

I only have a bag of Hershey's snack size milk chocolate bars, and a bag of Kraft Caramels. 

🍁 🎃  Halloween Testing in Progress. 🕷 🕸

Respected Contributor

@ManyMeows I would eat all of those things in that hypothetical situation Smiley Very HappyHeart! Yes!! 

Respected Contributor

I agree that more expensive chocolate satisfies you better, because it is richer, deeper in texture, creamy on the tongue, and the taste lingers longer.  I also like how chocolatiers experiment with flavors--Godiva truffles are wonderful!

However, I have more or less given up on cheap chocolate, especially Hersheys and Nestles regular milk chocolate.  I find them very bland.

My DH loves the Lindt truffles, but I like to go to the Lindt store, and buy the bars with the whole hazelnuts.  So scrumptious, and so European!

Valued Contributor

Hosts swooning over this chocolate is so contrived.  Lindt is sold many places including Walmart.  It's not like it's some illusive confection.

Honored Contributor

Lindt is a 2nd class chocolate in my book. It's far from my favorite and doesn't taste as good as better chocolate. 

That sales pitch is laughable.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me if I do not eat chocolate I am good, but if I have one no matter I'm going to have two.  Lol

Honored Contributor

The only thing I find ridiculous is threads nit-picking on everything a host says.

Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

For me if I do not eat chocolate I am good, but if I have one no matter I'm going to have two.  Lol

If I eat chocolates, I'm going to eat much more than two.  Chocolate regardless of the price is my downfall.  

Contributor

Agree ... Talk about some false claims!  I think it was said too about some cheese puffs with protein.  Thought Qvc was supposed to be more careful about making false claims.