Valued Contributor

While I do enjoy Rick as a host I wish Q wouldn't give him a 3 hour block of time for the jewelry shows. One hour is enough of him when it comes to presenting jewelry. While he knows his stuff and is decent when presenting jewelry, I just would prefer to see how the pieces look on a female host. Sometimes the camera men are so slow at showing the model that time runs out and we either see it for a quick glance or not at all. I would much rather look at the jewelry on a female host while they are taking a phone call that is droning on & on than looking at Rick shifting his weight around trying to ditch the call. We see none of the jewelry at those times. 

Honored Contributor

I agree, I can handle Rick doing jewelry for an hour, but 3 hours is torture. Poor Danny. I can change the channel, but he has to endure that for 3 hours.LOL That being said, Rick tries his best and is very nice to the people who call in.

Trusted Contributor

I change the channel during calls. If nothing else is on that I want to see, I mute them. They rarely show close ups of the items during a call, but instead show the vendor and host & waste of time.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Rick in the kitchen - but with lady items he acts bored (which he probably is) and is like a fish out of water.  Judith loves him - so I understand why he gets stuck with that assignment. 

Trusted Contributor

I think he is a good guy and puts everything ino it.  But, his style-frenetic-is not the best for jewelry.  But, I repeat, he truly is a good guy, father, and husband.  Know a neighbor of his.

Respected Contributor

Rick is doing a great job and doesn't seem bored to me, he does a good job presenting jewelry.    As for the comment Danny has to endure him for 3 hours, Danny sure looks like he is having a good time and is enjoying Rick as host - they are laughing together and have a good rapport.  The show has been interesting.  I intended to buy the Today's Special when I saw it in the Insider, but the peridot stones do not seem bright enough  - may be the screen not interpreting the color.  Instead  just bought the boquet ring.  Still thinking about the peridot bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago Rick was the host by himself on a jewelry show. A woman called in and chewed him out. She told him if he was going to sell jewelry, he needed to know what a leverback was. He was taken back, but handled the call until they could get rid of the caller. Smiley Surprised

I think he did a fine job on the Or Paz show tonight. 

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoy Rick no matter what he's selling.  He is one of the hosts I can still actually watch and not feel the need to change the channel. 

Trusted Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I really enjoy Rick no matter what he's selling.  He is one of the hosts I can still actually watch and not feel the need to change the channel. 

He's grown on me over the years.  When I first found the Q, he was an instant click.  He absolutely drove me nuts he was so hyper.  However, the two Dan's are still an instant click!  The one that does the "good buddy" spiel is insufferable.

Esteemed Contributor

WHen Rick was first hired as a host I could not watch him. He was so frenetic he made me nervous.  HOwever I do think he has mellowed out over the years and is a much better host now then when he first arrived.  Age will do,that to you.