Esteemed Contributor

Reading all of the comments about not being given credit for return shipping on defective items leads me to one conclusion: QVC has instructed their Returns Dept. to NOT issue such credit unless and until the customer calls CS and complains loudly about it. My guess is that most customers don't call or track each return with such specificity. This translates into a LOT more money for Q's bottom line.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Re: Returns gone wrong!

[ Edited ]

@4getthemall wrote:

That is a dilemma surfk.  It's like you need witnesses, attorneys or have your return notarized to prove your situation. Ironically, I personally took pictures of my mislabeled item, and return slip ( highlighted with notes in red ink) just in case!  It's all very frustrating to say the least and it shouldn't have to be this way. I don't want to feel as if they think I'm lying about my returns. Or worry about the people who work in the returns warehouse mishandling my returns accurately. I wish you luck. 

Perhaps all returns should be sent with a link to a YouTube video proving we packed and shipped it back just as described. lol

As video captures it all (without any edits, of course): "Here I am putting the first item back into the box...(cam now goes in for a close-up): "...Now I place the second one beside it and (in real time) I am now taping the box shut...."

(leaving the video running):"...I am now pulling into a parking space at my local post office...as you can see, I am carrying my return in my left hand as I open the door with my right hand...I'm now stepping up to the clerk behind the counter and handing it to him..."

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  I actually did call CS about the Or Paz necklace that I returned with the visible kink and still nothing so I'm not convinced complaining to CS does anything.  Maybe I should have gone an extra step and asked for a Mgr.

QVC Customer Care

@PINKdogWOOD

I am sorry that our returns are not up to scratch but I will be happy to ensure you receive your correct refunds. Please email me QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order numbers and/or a description of the items returned. 

Beth 

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

surfk, I can answer your first sentence.  I have ordered the same thing at the same time and the same size but....different colors.  I received them in 2 different bags and was charged $3 each.

I have also done that with bracelets, (ie silver and gold), same thing.

This has happened on more than one occasion.

Contributor

Surfk. I think your comment about YouTubing your returns is just hysterically funny! I can't stop laughing. Thank you for that. What a great way to end the day! I love it!

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC  Thank you Beth for responding to me here. An interesting choice of words - 'not up to scratch', odd I think.

However, here's the deal Beth, as I said there are many reasons noted on your return slips for us to indicate as to why we are returning.  It also is the fact that many of us find it necessary to make further comments on the 'comment' line you provide.  Why?  If no one reads our comments, why do you bother to ask the questions?  Someone at your end really needs to be looking at items that are returned that are noted to be damaged/defective instead of re-sending out to others only making them angry, disgruntled, dismayed.

Neither I nor anyone else should find it necessary to take further steps to 'plead our case and woes' of why it's even more necessary to return (in my case) damaged and/or defective goods and hope to see any of our shipping/handling charges. 

No one knows about this Social Team that we need to email to further plead our cases.  So no I'm not going to do this.  I certainly should not need to. 

Instead I ask YOU to take this kind of information, concerns, complaints to your staff members who WILL do something about what many of us continue to bring to light HERE on the boards and DO something about all of these things.  If you can do this for us whereby we WILL see results, then this could, would, SHOULD be more that I can ask for.

Thank you

PinkDogwood

QVC Customer Care

@PINKdogWOOD

I will certainly ensure the information you have provided and your feedback is brought to the attention all those involved ie the warehouse and our logistical department.

Beth 

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

My experience on the few defective, or wrong item returns, I've gotten is, you will not get a refund on the postage until you contact them AFTER the return transaction is posted.  You can write a novel in red on the return slip and make 10 calls ahead, but you will still have to follow up to get them to remove the shipping fee.  For all the good QVC does on customer service, this is one area they are lacking in.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat  Yep you said it all too - writing notes in big RED letter, making 10+ phones calls - all to whom?  Still with no results?  Have fun with that. 

I still am and always will be of my opinion that I should not HAVE to do this.  Maybe jump through hoops, turn summersaults, send them my first born AND my dog?  Not going to do any of these things either.

Jump going to stop my shopping experience here.  No other website makes me do these things if/when I find the need to return.