Respected Contributor

I've had so many problems with returns from my city in Arizona that it is unbelievable!  They go to a city called Sparks (in Nevada) and then nowhere for 3+ weeks or more!  CS couldn't help me so I finally called "The Office Of The President" and a very nice woman helped me and credited my account because she could see that I used their return labels.

Is it 12 days or 17 days to wait for a return to be processed and credited to a Q card? 

How about if we use the Q return label and it is scanned in at the post office Q would credit our account?

I still buy alot because I like so many lines here but I end up spending my quota for the month and having to wait too long for return credits.

There must be a better system, any suggestions?

Thank you,

Cathy

Valued Contributor

I totally understand what you're saying. I live in Ca, and my returns too, sit in Nevads for 2 or 3 weeks, uncalled for. Once out of Nevada, it is there quick. Q has got to come up with a better return and credits take forever.

Valued Contributor

@Jackhound Mom It sounds like a good idea, but I think they need to see the merchandise. 

What I don't understand, if you cancel an item within minutes, it takes 3 to 5 business days to credit back to my account.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Amazon does exactly what you have suggested.  As soon as they can see that you have used their label through UPS, they issue your refund.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

How are they going to know what's in the package?  There could easily be multiple items; do you want to risk them not noticing that when they process the returns? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can't compare Amazon to QVC. They are totally different types of businesses.  Also why is it QVC's fault with the shippting?  I would think it's the post office.

Respected Contributor

Sounds as if there's a bottleneck they need to address.

I know QVC is not small, but Amazon's a behemoth, and can absorb the losses they'll suffer when a crooked customer sends them a phone book instead of the appliance they were supposedly returning and Amazon's credited them based on their use of the return label. I don't see QVC entertaining that margin for fraud if they can help it.

Frankly, unless QVC changes its processing and crediting practices, your best recourse may be to buy far more defensively, which is to say selectively. It sounds as if you have a lot of returns, and those are usually failed purchases (i.e., not exchanges). Neither buyer nor seller is the winner--although if the seller is profiting from inflated shipping fees going and coming, there's some gain there, and also less incentive to alter practices.

Respected Contributor

Thank you to the person in California for letting me know this has happened with the Nevada warehouse form your PO as well.

Thank you to Only Shops,

I did not know that policy was in place for Amazon.  I have only purchased music CD's from them and never returned anything.

If a customer did not send back what they ordered from QVC they could easily re-bill that customer.

When I return something it is within the next day because it doesn't fit, or it is not new, and a few times it hasn't been what I've ordered.  I never try for 30 days. 

My problem is getting my refund.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returns Idea For QVC!

[ Edited ]

Once the Q receives my return it can take about 4 or 5 days to receive the email that they received my return and another 3 or 4 to post.  I suggest that you go to the post office and your pkg. will be received in 3 days by the Q.  The Q uses the cheapest way possible back to the Q when you use their label and it takes forever.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@makenaWith returns, it's most likely some timing issue between the PO and QVC.

With shipments coming out of QVC, I can never figure out where the problem is.  Between AD shipments and new orders, I have 3 items heading my way.  One is coming UPS which lots of posters favor -  that package was due 2 days ago and UPS has the billing info, but they've done nothing since receiving that.  Yes, I did call CS and they will replace the order but asked for a few more days for UPS to act.  Does that mean UPS is at fault?  Sounds that way, but you couldn't prove it by me.

The two packages coming via USPS were shipped timely and seem to be on target.  If, of course, they don't get lost along the way! 

As far as Amazon goes - one thing to remember is that they have millions of Prime members who pay $99 up front who never would spend that much if they just paid their shipping along the way.  That gives Amazon huge dollars to ship products to others who order more and to build and stock more and more warehouses.