New Contributor

I just went to package an item to return and when I took the original shipping label off it peeled right up, no tearing. On the back was something about return fees including shipping fee, as usual, aa well as "additional deductions to reimbursements due based on the reason for your return". Are they charging a restocking fee now? Have I missed this before and it's not new? My original shipping labels never peel off in one piece like that, lol. I usually have to year them off. Just wondering what additional deductions means.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I just noticed this last week. They are charging a restocking fee based on the reason for return. I was charged app $12.00 for 2 returns because they didn't work out for me. I called customer service and the rep explained it. the only way to avoid it is if the item is defective, damaged or an error on QVC's fault. It's robbery. It will definitely reduce my already limited purchases to probably zero in the future.

Respected Contributor

@CarolAnn wrote:

I just noticed this last week. They are charging a restocking fee based on the reason for return. I was charged app $12.00 for 2 returns because they didn't work out for me. I called customer service and the rep explained it. the only way to avoid it is if the item is defective, damaged or an error on QVC's fault. It's robbery. It will definitely reduce my already limited purchases to probably zero in the future.

Already zero purchases here.  That's ridiculous Q does this.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for pointing this out!  My shopping will be alot less.

People are shopping from home to stay out of the stores because it's for safety reasons.  So besides paying for shipping coming to you,then back now you have to pay to restock you migh as well keep the item.  It will be cheaper!!!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  You mean in addition to the ridiculous shipping fees QVC is charging a "restocking" fee????  I haven't returned anything in years because I never buy anything for more than $30 so if I don't like it, I just donate it.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Return fees

[ Edited ]

Thanks for mentioning this.  I have a few returns I planned to drop off at the Post Office today.  If QVC is now charging a restocking fee, I may redo a couple of my return invoices and be more forthcoming why I'm sending the item back - doesn't match size chart, poor quality, etc. I admit that I sometimes didn't always put that much thought into the reason for the return in the past..  If this policy continues, it will greatly reduce my future QVC shopping - especially clothing.. 

Honored Contributor

QVC better be prepared to have LOTS more 'damaged' returns with this move!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

They must be losing a lot of money to have to be resorting to a restocking fee. What is this - Best Buy?? (Best Buy is famous for charging restocking fees, even on unopened items). The customers just won't buy anymore if they keep that up.

Honored Contributor

HOLD ON A MINUTE...

Before we spread info that is NOT correct maybe we should get clarification from the Mods.

I order a lot and not one single invoice or label says anything about a restocking fee and that info is NOT posted in the Return & Exchange Info Section.

Mods...can you address the OP's statement....

Respected Contributor

My last two orders came with the 3-part label stuck to the outer box.  I cannot even read anything under the top label.  Can't read the return label or the label with my order info like price.  Hate those labeles. They are saving money this way but its not customer friendly.  I have not heard anything on air about additional return fees - restocking?