Occasional Contributor

I attempted to sign in today to view the  status of a return. Oops, supposedly my password was "incorrect", I looked it up, yup, the password WAS correct. I was then locked out after 2 more attempts to log in.

Okay, I will reset since you insist..... I provided my mother's year of birth and I was suppsoed to receive a message from the Q. to "reset".  Nope, no message. I sent myself an e-mail. I received. No Q e-mail to reset password in spam/junk folder. I refershed and signed out. Okay, I will try again. Again, a message that an e-mail would be sent to re-set. Nope, nothing.

I called customer service and after going through a bevy of optons finally talked to a live "robot" (primed to state only what she is allowed to state in her script). I explained the problem, she repeated my e-mail address, it is a match, yes. She said she would send an e-mail, of course, I received nothing. During this time I received an e-mail from the Q someting like: "Did you forget something, you have an item in your cart"". What??? Once this was resolved, not by a human being, mind you, but by sheer grit. (When I was able to sign in "later", the "item" in my cart (supposedly) was the Harry Slakin cottage/gazebo candle-one time only), which I had put in my cart twice, AND removed twice. IT WAS NOT IN MY CART. I have zip in my cart. But the Q knew I was interested, so why not stalk her? JUST SEND ME THE RESET E-MAIL!!!   I asked her to assist me by phone: "Oh no, we cannot reset by phone, it has to be by e-mail". Well.....for the tenth time, I am not receiving the e-mail from the Q, not from my efforts on line or from you. And one hour later, I never received  the e-mail from the live person, or the two I requested when I was locked out.

Frustrated, I hung up, seething. I signed out "again", refreshed, rebooted. And signed in with my original password (the onlly thing I actually know) which supposedly, per the Q, three other occasions, was incorrect.  I then received a message (NOT stating  that my password had expired, mind you). But something along the line of: "Would you like to reset your password". Well......yeah, I thought you would never ask. I reset my password (so far no problem).

Now that I can access my "account", I see that my return of 10 days ago  has not been received, nor did I receive the auto generated message: "Your return is on its way". I called Customer Service again, and in the prompts received a auto message that one must wait 17 days after sending before the Q, I assume, will investigate.

The point....and there was a "point", if it was time to reset my password, why not just state this in plain language and not make it so agnozing for a loyal customer of almost 3 decades. I recall now that eons again, the same thing happened. Apparently my password had expired, but the Q did not state this. They made me become a woman with 10 heads in attempting to submit, again and again, then locked out, then unable to reset.

Dear Q, on 98% of my interaction over three decades, I have never had issues with your service. Yes, I have returned some items (clothing/shoes) that did not work for me, personally. But in all other dealings, you were just dandy. There is no excuse for the obscurity and silliness I just experienced . You surely have all the technical resources at hand to get this right. I am disappointment. But...I will still stay with you....even though I did not receive the "holiday card" with the "coupon" that so many customers in phone calls to the Q gushed about after Thanksgiving and before the holidays. No, I received no greeting, just the proverbial lump of charcoal. I will not try to mpress you with what I spend in a year....but it is a lot. But I am still a Q customer.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @40sgal I am so sorry this happened to you. We have found that sometimes emails from QVC go into the customers junk/spam mail folder, I hope that is not what happened. We will be happy to take a look at that return for you if you email the Order Number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Again, I am so sorry for your frustration.

This is poor customer service, QVC was so much better a few years back. It's frustrating when every password I enter is rejected..

Makes me want to get rid of QVC all together!

I believe many runs into this. When will they fix the problem???